Old 29 Sep 12, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Comfort inn and suites Canada avenue

Hi, has anyone stayed here since it has been taken over? We booked 11months ago when virgin first released their prices. Then it was a mariott with great reviews on tripadvisor and the price was great so it seemed prefect as my husband wanted I-drive and this hotel is just off on a side road.
However since booking it has been taken over first by quality inn and now by comfort inn and the reviews have gone downhill. Of course virgin won't let us change hotels without charging a massive premium as we travel at Easter and the prices have shot up. The only option is to cancel the hotel part of the booking and book somewhere DIY.
Hubby thinks I am crazy and we could give it a chance as its only somewhere to rest our head at night but it is really worrying me! If anyone has been and can either put my mind at rest or give me evidence to show hubby that it is terrible it would be most helpful!
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 12, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Koi's & Windum
Earning More Ears

Same here. Anyone?
Koi's & Windum is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 12, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Wrong login :P
We fly on the 28th March. See you there!
Latest trip advisor reviews see good..
tripadvisor/Hotel_R...o_Florida.html

Edited at 07:44 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 12, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
We have since changed our accommodation. Virgin offered to refund the accommodation part of our booking and we booked a condo for 7 nights then 5 nights at Rosen inn at pointe and lastly 2 nights at the hard rock hotel.
I am sure the hotel will be fine and more than likely we would have had a great time but I am a bit of a worrier and couldn't spend the next 5 months fretting!
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 12, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

Just read the trip advisor reviews & most look good. At the moment its not ranked too highly but thats because its not had many reviews & not averaged its marks out yet.
Im hoping that the good reviews keep coming in as I will be staying there next year.
It has changed owners since we booked but that does not worry me.
Old 23 Oct 12, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

Just noticed your countdown & see you would have been there the same time as us.
Old 23 Oct 12, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Lucky they switched really as were a rowdy lot... lol
Old 24 Oct 12, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
It's a shame as I am sure we would have been fine there. The final decision was only made when we found the condo for the same price as its a 3 bedroom place and my sil hopes to fly down and join us from Maryland for at least a few days so there is space for her to stay with us.
We fly the day after you, we are on the 1pm Virgin flight from gatwick, can't wait!
Old 24 Oct 12, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Hi, has anyone stayed here since it has been taken over? We booked 11months ago when virgin first released their prices. Then it was a mariott with great reviews on tripadvisor and the price was great so it seemed prefect as my husband wanted I-drive and this hotel is just off on a side road.
However since booking it has been taken over first by quality inn and now by comfort inn and the reviews have gone downhill. Of course virgin won't let us change hotels without charging a massive premium as we travel at Easter and the prices have shot up. The only option is to cancel the hotel part of the booking and book somewhere DIY.
Hubby thinks I am crazy and we could give it a chance as its only somewhere to rest our head at night but it is really worrying me! If anyone has been and can either put my mind at rest or give me evidence to show hubby that it is terrible it would be most helpful!
We booked also when it was a Marriott last December, since then we have received several letters telling us the hotel name has changed twice. The reviews last time I looked seemed quite good, the hotel has been refurbished and it seems in a good location. We do not normally spend much time in the hotel leaving early in the morning and not returning to the evening. Hopefully it will be fine
Old 24 Oct 12, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
We booked also when it was a Marriott last December, since then we have received several letters telling us the hotel name has changed twice. The reviews last time I looked seemed quite good, the hotel has been refurbished and it seems in a good location. We do not normally spend much time in the hotel leaving early in the morning and not returning to the evening. Hopefully it will be fine
You go soon (ish) please pop back and tell us
Closed Thread