Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 24 Oct 12, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed there when it was a Marriott last year and also this year as Quality Inn during their refurbishment.

We also voiced our concerned to Virgin this year before we went in July, and did try to change to another hotel, but was told we would have to pay for this, but strange now that its not even advertised by them now.

To be honest the suite rooms are no where near as nice as they used to be before refurbishment, however the rooms where still spotless, clean, bed was very confortable, cleaned daily, free tea, coffee, hot chocolate 24 hrs (but would take your own tea bags as it was some weird stuff ) lol, the breakfast is just a warm continental type affair, nothing special at all, but was free.

Email the manager before you go and try and get the view of Universal, much better than the car lot

hope this helps
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 12, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Windum View Post
You go soon (ish) please pop back and tell us
Yes will do. We are so excited. Good tip about emailing the hotel for a room with a view of universal instead of car park.

Will post something when we return after 9th January
Old 18 Dec 12, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kayandcarl View Post
We stayed there when it was a Marriott last year and also this year as Quality Inn during their refurbishment.

We also voiced our concerned to Virgin this year before we went in July, and did try to change to another hotel, but was told we would have to pay for this, but strange now that its not even advertised by them now.

To be honest the suite rooms are no where near as nice as they used to be before refurbishment, however the rooms where still spotless, clean, bed was very confortable, cleaned daily, free tea, coffee, hot chocolate 24 hrs (but would take your own tea bags as it was some weird stuff ) lol, the breakfast is just a warm continental type affair, nothing special at all, but was free.

Email the manager before you go and try and get the view of Universal, much better than the car lot

hope this helps
Hi, do you have an email address for the hotel? I emailed the hotel through a trip adviser link last week, to request rooms facing Universal but have not had a reply, so I'm now wondering if it was the correct email.
Thanks so much for your help
Old 22 Dec 12, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We have stayed here prior to the take over and loved it. We are also going back in January for 4 weeks. Like the rest of you we were concerned about the takeover and 2 name changes but I have contacted the hotel and they have assured me that nothing has changed if anything it seems better they offer the free transfers to Epcot as-well as to universal now and seem to have a few hot items on the breakfast, also have a fridge and microwave in all rooms now not just suites. We also emailed the manager Jose to put in a room request. He emailed back immediately saying this had been done. The rooms look better than they did (cant comment on the suites as we never saw one) the email address that I use is gm.flc02@choicehotels.com looking forward to going now.
Old 22 Dec 12, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for the email address. I have just emailed the hotel, with a room request.

Have a great holiday.
Old 22 Dec 12, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post

What room requests are you guys asking for?
Old 22 Dec 12, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
Thank you for the email address. I have just emailed the hotel, with a room request.

Have a great holiday.
Have a great time. Come back and post your top tips for this hotel please
Old 22 Dec 12, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Windum View Post
Have a great time. Come back and post your top tips for this hotel please
I requested rooms overlooking Universal rather than the car park!

Taking the iPad with us, so if I get a chance will post something about the hotel whilst we are there.

Merry Christmas
Old 22 Dec 12, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
I requested rooms overlooking Universal rather than the car park!

Taking the iPad with us, so if I get a chance will post something about the hotel whilst we are there.

Merry Christmas
Great!
Old 22 Dec 12, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
We have stayed here prior to the take over and loved it. We are also going back in January for 4 weeks. Like the rest of you we were concerned about the takeover and 2 name changes but I have contacted the hotel and they have assured me that nothing has changed if anything it seems better they offer the free transfers to Epcot as-well as to universal now and seem to have a few hot items on the breakfast, also have a fridge and microwave in all rooms now not just suites. We also emailed the manager Jose to put in a room request. He emailed back immediately saying this had been done. The rooms look better than they did (cant comment on the suites as we never saw one) the email address that I use is gm.flc02@choicehotels.com looking forward to going now.
So we have paid extra for the suites with fridge & microwave, so should we complain to virgin to get money back as all rooms are now the same?