Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 31 Mar 13, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Y
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by US192 View Post
Hi,

my DH has picked out a lovely villa in Hampton Lakes for our summer trip, but as far as I'm aware it isn't a gated community.

We've always stayed in a gated community or hotel before and I like the feeling of security that brings - particularly if DH and DS (15) head away for a game of golf etc and leave me and DS (4) in the villa alone.

So my question is this - can anyone give me some idea of what Hampton Lakes is like, and whether I'm worrying un-necessarily? We passed it most days on our last trip and the entrance looks impressive from the US27, but I wonder if that attracts undesirables.
Hi My Family stayed here in 2010 we had a fantastic time and we felt very safe. We stayed in Southern Dunes on Highway 27 in Feb 2012which was a gated community and did not feel any safer being there or Hampton Lakes so much in fact we have booked Hampton Lakes for our Fifth trip on June 10th 2013. Hope this helps you.
Old 31 Mar 13, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

To be honest it is a question that is asked frequently. There is nothing to indicate a gated community being safer. The security of the home itself is the main thing alarms. safes etc. Just excercise a common sense approach and you will be fine. I always keep my doors locked here in the UK these days just habit and do the same on holiday. Hampton lakes is a lovely community it was one we had looked at when we were buying our home.

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Do you live on a gated community here?

To be honest, i've stayed on gated and non gated estates, and the gated ones drive me nuts having to stop and put the codes in every time you come back in.
They are accessible by foot to everyone anyway and others have said everyone appears to have the code, and three years later the code was still the same at one of the estates that I took my DH down to to show him where I had previously stayed
Old 1 Apr 13, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed at Hampton Lakes a few weeks ago. It is a nice area and we particularly like that the entrance is lit with green and white lights. Made it nice and easy to find the entrance at night.
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore2009
Imagineer

eeyore2009's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
We have stayed in a dibb villa on Hampton lakes twice and we love it on there. We have always felt safe and I dont think a gated community made me feel any safer. Highly recommend it
eeyore2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread