Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 23 Mar 13, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

here now - highlands reserve

Hi
Not sure what to do, arrived later in the day on 20th, so it was dark when we arrived at our villa, located on highland reserve, gleneagles drive, anyway, went to the magic kingdom all day yesterday, arrived back at villa around 5.30ish as we drove up to our villa noticed that the front door was ajar, first thing was that we had been robbed, left kids n car and husband went in, everythng was ok thankgod, anyway phoned management company and they said there are only 3 keys to our villa and that no one had been in, my husband had noticed an aircon unit in our trash can that was not there when we left in the morning, so i told the management cmpany this and he said he had been into the villa next door to change theirs and he had put it in our trash can, dont know what to do, also my husband and i have spent all of this morning cleaning the filthy kitchen... any advice...
Crystaljordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 13, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
minnieandco
Trying for More Ears

minnieandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What company are you with? Id try and speak to them and get yourselves moved. If you dont feel safe and aren't happy with it you shouldn't have to stay there.
Hope you get it sorted because theres nothing worse than feeling disappointment on your Florida holiday.. Just try and enjoy the sun and not worry too much ( I know easier said than done)
x
minnieandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 13, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Flightman
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Crystaljordan View Post
Hi
Not sure what to do, arrived later in the day on 20th, so it was dark when we arrived at our villa, located on highland reserve, gleneagles drive, anyway, went to the magic kingdom all day yesterday, arrived back at villa around 5.30ish as we drove up to our villa noticed that the front door was ajar, first thing was that we had been robbed, left kids n car and husband went in, everythng was ok thankgod, anyway phoned management company and they said there are only 3 keys to our villa and that no one had been in, my husband had noticed an aircon unit in our trash can that was not there when we left in the morning, so i told the management cmpany this and he said he had been into the villa next door to change theirs and he had put it in our trash can, dont know what to do, also my husband and i have spent all of this morning cleaning the filthy kitchen... any advice...
Have you phoned the Police? You should also report this in the main forum. This is a lot more than an accommodation issue.
Good luck.

Houston we have a countdown!
Flightman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 13, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
markwatts
Apprentice Imagineer

I would try not to worry about it
If it had been someone unwanted the house inside would not have been ok
Do you remember closing the door firmly behind you and did you set an alarm?
Wouldn't be happy though I had to clean the kitchen!
markwatts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 13, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Something that has happened to us in the past - might be what happened. Our door at the villa has a 'self locking' feature, basically it locks itself after 30 seconds, even if the door is open, the bolt comes across. Problem is if you haven't noticed the bolt is across, its really easy to 'close' the door (or think you have), but it won't close because of the bolt IYSWIM, could this have possibly happened? Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 13, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
There should be contact details for the owners at the villa as well - I would contact them and let them know, if it is a bolt problem they may know this happens and it might put your mind at rest.
Just when you go out again try the door when its locked, if the door doesn't move you know you have locked it.
If you find it open again you know something is going on
Good Luck
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Something that has happened to us in the past - might be what happened. Our door at the villa has a 'self locking' feature, basically it locks itself after 30 seconds, even if the door is open, the bolt comes across. Problem is if you haven't noticed the bolt is across, its really easy to 'close' the door (or think you have), but it won't close because of the bolt IYSWIM, could this have possibly happened? Pussycat
Hubby thinks something like this may have happened, and as we were all,so eager to get to our first park he did not set the alarm, he thinks maybe the wind could have blown the door open? , anyway not 100% happy to be honest, had to get hubby to go and check the house first tonight before me and kids went in
Crystaljordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Hi
There should be contact details for the owners at the villa as well - I would contact them and let them know, if it is a bolt problem they may know this happens and it might put your mind at rest.
Just when you go out again try the door when its locked, if the door doesn't move you know you have locked it.
If you find it open again you know something is going on
Good Luck
Rob
thanks xx
Old 24 Mar 13, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by markwatts View Post
I would try not to worry about it
If it had been someone unwanted the house inside would not have been ok
Do you remember closing the door firmly behind you and did you set an alarm?
Wouldn't be happy though I had to clean the kitchen!
Thats what hubby said, spose we were lucky, so eager to get our first day at the parks he did not set the alarm, had to get hubby to go inside the house first today, while me and kids waited in the car, just to check everything ok, DEFO gettng DIBB villa next year, thats fir sure...
Old 24 Mar 13, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
eeyore2009
Imagineer

eeyore2009's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
I would still be a bit worried but that may be because I am a bit of a worryer but why did the guy put it in your bin and not the neighbours where he had been?

If it was unclean aswel then I would get in touch with the management and request to be removed.

It could have just been an accident on your part but if it is going to make you worry every day/evening when you arrive back at the villa then maybe you are best to ask to be moved & put your mind at rest so you can enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Enjoy your holiday
eeyore2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread