Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 1 Apr 13, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jacko!
Trying for More Ears

Pool heating time & Temp

Hi, I'm over in Orlando and have booked a villa with pool heating, but have noticed that it seems to turn off at 5pm, so when we get back from the parks at 7ish it is not feeling to worm. This brings me onto my next question, what temp should it be set to, as the pool is saying 82, but feels colder. Also we have left on the pool cover, but as it has been in the 80s today, I am starting to think that the pool heating is not working.
Any help, as trying to contact the pool company.
jacko!  is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The pool heater will only run when the pool pump is running, normally he pump should run anywhere between 10 to 12 hrs a day to circulate the pool water at least twice through the pool filter.

Pool heat is normally set around 86F.

I would ring the manco and ask them how long the pool pump is set to run as it might come on very early in the morning if it does ask them to reset the time it comes on and goes off so you get the benefit of the pool heating you are paying for.

Also note that the pool heat will switch off when the set temp is reached.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
Both the time that the pool pump is set to run for and the temperature the pool is set at are decided by the individual owner, or in the case of a TO villa, possibly by the MC.

The pool heater will only work when the pump is running so it is possible that the temperature is actually set higher than 82 degrees but the pool pump is not on for enough hours to raise the temperature higher than this.

At 82, the pool will feel quite cold as this is the temperature recommended for exercise swimming rather than having fun. Most hotels heat to around 84 and many private villa owners heat higher than this. For comparison, our pool is heated to 88 degrees and our in ground spa to 102 degrees and we are also here at the moment and have a lovely warm pool. Our pool pump is on for twelve hours per day, 8am-8pm.

At this time of year, the sun is not strong enough to add much heat to the water so you are better off keeping the blanket on. Today has been quite windy so leaving it off will result in the pool probably losing more heat than it can gain from the short time your heater seems to be on.

If you have rented this villa privately then I would get in contact with the owner to voice your concerns about the temperature of the pool. If you have rented your villa through a TO, you can bring it to the attention of the MC but I doubt very much you will have much success beyond them checking that the heater is actually on.

Debra
Old 1 Apr 13, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

As the others have said pool heating will only run during the time the pump is running personally I would say 5pm switch off is a little early.

Ours is normally 8 til 8 and set to between 86 and 88 degrees depending on season. You should have and use a pool blanket at this time of year as the sun is not hot enough to heat the pool and the temp will drop over night.

It can feel a little cooler going in and out ther water as the cooler air at this time of year hits your wet shoulders but 82 degrees is a little low for the heat to be set. Not a great combination with the early switch of time.

I would as suggested contact the management company.

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
owens5558
VIP Dibber

owens5558's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would also say 5pm is early for it to switch off. Ours is also set from 8am to 8pm. I would ring the management company and ask them to reset the switch on switch off times.

82 degrees is too low for the heater to be set at but with the short on/ off time it could be set higher, its just it doesnt have enough time to get over 82 degrees.

I would definitely contact the management company.

Penny
owens5558 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Check with the manco. Also, some rental homes have the thermostats for the air-con and/or for the pool heat locked, others allow the guests to adjust the settings.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Thousand Oaks
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Our pool pump is on from 8am to 8pm which means the heating is also on during this time. The pool blanket should be used over night and when out during the day thus ensuring a nice warm pool. Ours is set to 86-88 and so far we have never had any complaints about the pool being cold. 82 seems on the low side and 5pm is too early in my opinion
Thousand Oaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jacko!
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for all the replies. Have spoken to the owner, and they have said the same. Pool company is due to come out and reset the time and heat. Have asked for 8 till 8 and 88C, will see when we get back tonight. Also we have left the pool cover on.
jacko!  is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread