Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 23 Apr 06, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

What are the best rooms/buildings?

Well we went to Disney last year with the children and some friends and guess what! We are going back this year! No surprise there for all you Dibbers!
We have decided to arrange our holiday ourselves this year and we have booked to stay 5 nights at POR and then we are going to Sanibel island for a week in a condo, travelling back to Orlando for 2 days in Coronado Springs before we head home (urgggh! and I haven't gone yet! )
I was wondering with the wonderful knowledge you all have here could you advise me which buildings or rooms are the best to stay in at Port Orleans & Coronado.

Ps I have the name of a really good reliable and reasonable minibus/taxi driver but I am not sure what the rules are for posting for him so if someone could advise that would be good Thanks to all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 06, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Everyone will have different views on which rooms/buildings are best in any resort. I would take a look at the resort maps and decide what location suits your needs. Some people like to be close to pools or food court, some like to be further away for peace and quiet. If you are driving you might want to be closer to the parking lot. If you list your preferences people will be able to advise you better.

I don't think there is anything to stop you sharing your recommendation for a taxi driver. That could be useful to a lot of people, perhaps best to start a new thread so it is easier to find.
Old 23 Apr 06, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Not stayed at POR but have stayed at POFQ, I would think a riverside view would be perfect. The resorts themselves are not too spread out so everything is within easy reach.
Old 24 Apr 06, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We stayed at Coronado and loved it. I'd originally wanted a room in the Cabanas section after reading all the reviews and I was disappointed not to get it - we were in Casitas - but this lasted all of a minute until we saw our location, it was perfect. We were in Casitas 4 with a view overlooking the lake. We were on the top floor in a little section of just 4 rooms, next to the quite pool/gym, and a 30 second walk to bus stop 2 (this is the first pick-up of the 4 bus stops), we were also just a few minute walk from the main building. If ever I return to Coronado I will definitely request this location again.

This is the view from our room:

Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 06, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for that picture Claire - it looks really peaceful considering what the days at the parks are like I cannot imagine a better view to see last thing at night or first thing in the morning.

I will post the Taxi drivers number on DIBB - He was so reliable and really reasonable.

We found him by chance as we were waiting for the Disney buses to pick us up at the Buena Vista Hotel - anyone who was in Orlando late last October will know how cold it was in the mornings after the hurricane, we were freezing and thought lets get in the minibus and go! - it was a far better option that waiting for the bus that was late already - It was a great choice - we used him several times and he regularly took our friend shopping to the outlets - he even introduced us to the Golden Coral - What more can I say!

He has a minibus so was great for our group last year. On the last day we checked in at DTD and then he collected us and took is to MK picked us up later that afternoon and dropped us to the airport. He kept all our hand luggage in the minibus to save us having to carry it all around... we did get a little jittery as we went through customs saying "What if he put something in our bags! " But it was all unfounded, he was a lovley guy and that just goes to show how trust worthy he was... What awful doubting Brits we were! I just going to dig his number out and post it later.

Thanks for all the advice
Old 26 Apr 06, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

The Unofficial Guide to WDW has great detail about all the Disney resort hotels, giving info on the best and worst locations, with specific room numbers and views etc.

Mike

amazon/exec/obidos/...759498-6819064
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 06, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We were in Building 24 at POR and I wouldn't recommend it - it was quite far to the main food court area and we never saw the main pool. I believe building 14 is recommended at POR.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 06, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Try this for CSR info

coronado_springs.tripod/

We were lucky to get the Cabana's section - close to Dig Site and nice walk to Pepper Market etc

Going to POR next year so currently checking out info etc

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 06, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Bonzo that is a really good site you have given really big help thanks again
Closed Thread