Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 16, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
I thought the reason AK shut early was for the peace of the animals? While all the new attractions look fab, and the prospect of riding Everest at night is appealing, can't help thinking poor animals. They will of course adapt, but it is going to be stressful for them to start with, especially the ones on the safari that are used to sleeping in night quarters. I would be interested to see articles on how Disney are approaching this from an animal welfare stand point.
Well firstly, a cynic may say that it was an easier sell to the public to say that early closing was for the benefit of the animals, rather than saying the park doesn't have enough attractions to fill a day let along an evening too. Secondly, as SMAX posted earlier, AK has been open late before, and it may have provided useful insights into how this did, or did not, affect the wildlife. Furthermore, the evening shows will not have any form of pyrotechnics, and so there are no worries on that front either. It begs to be seen whether this has a detrimental impact.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
<A group of Disney Park executives sat huddled around a desk in some remote office>.

"Right, we've got to do something about this whole Rivers of Light debacle. Anyone got any ideas?"

"How about we just replace the Rivers of Light show with a live band playing some old songs from the Jungle Book and keep all the rest of the night stuff we were planning to do?"

"And we could then charge guests to attend a special preview of these new night time activities and then charge them again in the autumn to see a preview of the Rivers of Light show when we've fixed all the problems".

"Excellent! Give that man a free Disney button."

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Well, to be fair it's not confirmed when RoL will debut.
Except Disney did confirm RoL would open on 22nd April. And then just over 2 weeks before it was due to open, changed their mind. And changed it to some unspecified time but probably late summer or early autumn - a shift of 3 or 4 months.

Most people I know book their holidays and buy tickets more than 2 weeks before going.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Great make a change to miss something else :angry: Def got to go back next year .
Old 20 Apr 16, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
As disappointing as this is, Disney wouldn't have canned it without good reason, so I'd rather see it done right than see it being a shambles. Remember how often FJ and Gringotts broke down at Universal? Maybe that's cos they rush openings?
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Diggity-Dog
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Think we may have to do a morning and evening trip, as it is we always use AK day to go to outlets or somewhere shopping.

Like a lot of people I have mixed feelings about AK, I always think the tigers look particularly stressed.

Mixed feelings because it has some of the best character interaction and my lot love Everest.

DLP Davy Crockett 2000,2005.2006 Santa Fe 2005,2010 Adagio Val D'Europe Halloween 2013 Explorers Christmas 2013 Adagio Val D'Europe May 2014
ORLANDO West Stonebridge 2008,
Tuscan Hills 2008,2009,
Sunset Lakes ,Hard Rock Hotel WDW Dolphin 2011

Hampton Lakes, Hard Rock and WDW Yacht Club Christmas 2012/New Year 2013
Emerald Island & Hard Rock Hotel 2016
Diggity-Dog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

If that Rivers of Light video is any indication of what this will end up being it will be more than worth the wait. I never understood people who said it was a half day park, my family have put in more time at Animal Kingdom than Magic Kingdom in the past. Crazy excited for these additions .
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Any idea if/when we can book Tiffins or ROL package?
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerRah
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
I thought the reason AK shut early was for the peace of the animals? While all the new attractions look fab, and the prospect of riding Everest at night is appealing, can't help thinking poor animals. They will of course adapt, but it is going to be stressful for them to start with, especially the ones on the safari that are used to sleeping in night quarters. I would be interested to see articles on how Disney are approaching this from an animal welfare stand point.
I too would prefer to see some information from Disney regarding how the night opening and entertainment at AK will affect the animals and a full explanation of how their welfare and conditions will be protected.

Whilst I would love to experience all that appears to becoming to AK in the evenings, I really couldn't consider it if it is going to be at the expense of the animals welfare.
TigerRah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NITR8 View Post
So we go home on the 28th May, Thanks a lot Disney.

I mean, new rivers of Light starting 22nd April. We get excited, then they delay it. Then they say new interim show, get excited again.

New headline New interim show starts from May, very excited, then read starts memorial day. So 30th May, that's basically June. Why such a delay, if is basically what they were going to do from 22nd April but with a scaled down ROL show.
That is exactly what I thought when I read about it. We go home on 25th May so gutted about missing it all .
Old 20 Apr 16, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Any idea if/when we can book Tiffins or ROL package?
disneyparks.disney.go.com says informations about reservations will be available May 20th

Edited at 11:26 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List