Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 May 16, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Universal Orlando reveal relaunch details for the Incredible Hulk Coaster

Universal Blog has released full details for the relaunch of the Incredible Hulk Coaster with a new story line, a brand new ride vehicle, a new queue experience and a new entrance to this fan favourite.

Now scheduled to re-open in late summer about the only things fans will fully recognise will be the world-famous twists and turns of the ride track.

Massive New Marquee
From the moment you walk up to the beloved coaster, you’ll see the huge changes that were made to the attraction. As you enter the ride, you’ll pass underneath a towering figure of The Hulk, using his colossal strength to hold up pieces of the coaster’s track. And fun fact, these track pieces were salvaged from the original ride.

New, Original Storyline
General Thaddeus Ross is calling for volunteers for a new experiment. Your only warning is that you’ll be subjected to high levels of gamma radiation through a process called Hulk-a-fication – a potentially life-altering process first introduced by Dr. Bruce Banner.

The end result is said to give subjects magnificent strength and a forceful amount of energy. Will you emerge as the military’s next super soldier…or something else entirely?

Completely Redesigned Queue
Your part of the story begins the moment you enter the building – which has been redesigned as a state-of-the-art military research compound, commanded by General Ross.

Inside, General Ross is conducting an array of questionable, bio-radiological experiments. You’ll pass by laboratories containing high-tech equipment his team uses to execute his mysterious tests.

Next, you’ll arrive at the Gamma core – an intense energy source that sends pulsing waves of radiation upward to fuel General Ross’s experiment. Not to worry – a thick pane of glass will protect you from direct exposure to the radioactive core.

As you move along, you’ll witness the transformation of your predecessors as they undergo the perilous Hulk-a-fication process.

Finally, you’ll be rushed to a loading platform, sparking with electric bursts as the Gamma accelerator powers up to blast you with superhuman strength. Prepare for the ride of your life…

Totally New Ride Vehicle
From there, you’ll step into an entirely new ride vehicle. The changes start with its sleek, modern new look. Once on board, you’ll discover a brand new, in-seat audio system that booms an original ride score created by Patrick Stump, front man for the internationally-renowned rock band Fall Out Boy.

The next thing you know, you’re rocketing through a new launch tunnel, packed with amazing special effects, as you’re propelled out over Marvel Super Hero Island with super-human force.

It’s the ride you love, but not like you’ve ever known it before. Stay tuned here for all the details. And I’ll see you in late summer on The Incredible Hulk Coaster!

Photo© Universal Studios.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hulk.jpg
Views:	96617
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	63497   Click image for larger version

Name:	hulk2.jpg
Views:	95876
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	63498   Click image for larger version

Name:	hulk3.jpg
Views:	95876
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	63499   Click image for larger version

Name:	hulk4.jpg
Views:	96507
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	63500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk5.jpg
Views:	95410
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	63501  

Old 10 May 16, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
J&C
Proud to wear my Ears

J&C's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Those cars look amazing! Everything about it looks really impressive - love the idea of the on-board audio and keeping a section of the original track at the entrance!

Can't wait to ride in November!
Feb 2013 - Villa/Hilton Downtown DisneyJan 2015 - Disney's Port Orleans Resort/Buena Vista Palace - the Engagement trip! Mar 2016 - Disney's Caribbean Beach ResortNov 2016 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov 2017 - Disney Wedding, Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom LodgeNov 2018-Saratoga Springs Resort Nov 2019-Disney's Yacht Club Resort
J&C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Jammy31
Apprentice Imagineer

Jammy31's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
Guidebook Reviews: 4
I think I'm in love. The new queue line looks amazing, and as for the cars...wow. I can't wait to hear what the soundtrack is, but I definitely think that it'll add to the ride having a soundtrack pumping out whilst riding. Cannot wait to ride this!

Jammy31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
CSanders22
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Well that's decided then Universal trip next year, love the Hulk coaster.
CSanders22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Not sure about the music being pumped into my ears. Always enjoyed just hearing the screams and roar of the track underneath me.
Deadlinesman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

I think in all honesty this ride will be too much for me... any chance there will be a duck out option so I can see the theming in the queue without having to ride the ride do you think?
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Fab!
Old 10 May 16, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Looks brilliant, can't wait to go in October!

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Looks amazing! Can't wait to try this next July!
Old 10 May 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Always was my favourite ride in Universal , now even more excited. Roll on October
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List