Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jul 16, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile CBR - any tips?

Staying at CBR next year and can't wait as have only stayed at sports. Any tips for us? Best place to stay, things to do, nice things to eat etc

Thanks
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
AliPD
Imagineer

Anyone? I'd be interested in this myself.
The Gateway Inn 1994 - Howard Johnson 1996 - The Holiday Inn Express 1999 - The Sheraton World Resort 2001 - Howard Johnson Plaza 2004 - The Best Western Plaza 2006 - Econolodge Inn and Suites 2008 - High Grove Villa 2011 - Sandy Ridge Villa 2012 - Silver Creek Villa 2015 - Art Of Animation 2017.
AliPD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen3675
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I am also interested :-) less than a month and we will be there!
Jen3675 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Me too. I've requested our room but any must do things?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Me too - we're not going till next year but we've never stayed here before and would be really grateful for any hints and tips!
Old 14 Jul 16, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Hi we stayed there in May, I have a trip report (Forget about the Mouse this is all about the duck LIVE) if you read day one it has a few tips on how I made the most of the space in the room.
We didn't request a village but did request a Murphy bed and upper floor which we got. We also got Aruba which we loved and would definitely ask for again!
Don't take too much notice of how big or far everything is we didn't find it a problem at all! Also we used to get breakfast the night before and keep it in the fridge so we could have it in the room the next morning.
Hot water through the coffee maker in the room meant I could have my daily morning cuppa too
Have a fab time everyone I can't wait to get back!
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

We stayed in Jamaica and specifically selected it to be close to the bus stop and close (but not too close) to the food court. It was also close to the laundry and one of the quiet pools

You can check out the hotel map here and review the room views.
touringplans/hotel_maps/...n-beach-resort

Being a moderate you get a fridge in the room and the entire resort was completely refurbished around two years ago. Some rooms have murphy (fold down) beds which can be useful if you have older kids

Edited at 04:11 PM.
mysteryjimbo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We loved CBR so much that we're going back.

So things that we enjoyed. DS who was 9 last time is most looking forward to the chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate sauce for breakfast, apparently this was the best bit of our last holiday to the Mouse!

We also loved the walk around the lagoon early in the morning to Old Port Royale it's a beautiful resort. I've read that some people don't like cbr as it's too spread out, but this was one of the things we love about it.

We had a couple of nights swims in the pool outside our room (not the main pirates pool), we could see illuminations. Watching the fireworks at Epcot while swimming in the deserted pool felt like such a luxury as we were the only people there.

We also let the kids watch the movie under the stars which they enjoyed, we sat at the bar and drank cocktails they watched the film.

Can't wait to go back, I hope you all have a fab time.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2anddone View Post
Hi we stayed there in May, I have a trip report (Forget about the Mouse this is all about the duck LIVE) if you read day one it has a few tips on how I made the most of the space in the room.
We didn't request a village but did request a Murphy bed and upper floor which we got. We also got Aruba which we loved and would definitely ask for again!
Don't take too much notice of how big or far everything is we didn't find it a problem at all! Also we used to get breakfast the night before and keep it in the fridge so we could have it in the room the next morning.
Hot water through the coffee maker in the room meant I could have my daily morning cuppa too
Have a fab time everyone I can't wait to get back!
Fab tip about getting breakfast the night before and keeping in the fridge, thank you
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 16, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi there!

We've never stayed anywhere but CBR!

In terms of recommended places to request a room, I would say Aruba or Jamaica. These are the two clusters immediately on the other side of the lake to Old Port Royale. It's a really pleasant 10 minute walk to breakfast on a morning. I personally love going through the Oasis area before you get to OPR, you smell beautiful tropical flowers, get your feet sprayed by the sprinklers and hear the distant sound of steel drums. Magic.

There are some great cocktails on offer at the Banana Cabana pool bar and some really friendly CMs too.

In terms of food at OPR, it's pretty standard fare, although the freshly tossed Chicken Caesar Salad gets my vote every time. It really is yummy. Mum has a soft spot for the carrot cake and the crumb cake at the Grab N Go but all of the freshly baked pastries are gorgeous.

It's a beautiful resort, it really does feel like home when you're there and if you're lucky and hanging around OPR at around 9pm, you get a glimpse of Illuminations.

Have a fab trip!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread