Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
15 Days Of Orlando Magic - Day 10, Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom At Night

I was up and about early today as I had to return the hire car, I left the villa at 7.45am Ian and the kids were still getting ready.
Drop off was as easy as pick up and the Alamo shuttle was already waiting to take me back to resort. I was back at OKW by 8.10am👍🏼

I got the Alamo driver to drop me at reception so I could pay off some room charges. I then popped to Goods Food to Go to fill my rapid refillable mug with a cup of tea to help me walk back to the villa🙂

It was lovely and quiet still.

Although the sun hadn't quite broken the cloud it was still very hot and humid already.

The walk back was a nice way to start my day, there were a lot of people having an early morning run, rather then than me in this humidity!😅

Hollywood studios was our first stop today. We arrived by 10am.

Our first FP was for my favourite ride Tower of Terror... well if I'm going to be chief planner I should have some perks! 😉

I love all the excellent theming in the queue area.

Arty shot!
I suggested to the boys that we visit the Star Wars Launch Bay, they were hesitant as they were unsure what was in there, l told them to trust me!
This was going to be good😀😀😀😀

Ian was totally overwhelmed! His reaction was similar to that of a child meeting their favourite character for the first time!☺️

Ryan was pretty made up too!

Charlotte got in on the action

And so did I!

Brilliant character meet. I can't wait to see the photos on photo pass.

We walk out of the launch bay and the boys are sidetracked for a while so Charlotte and I decide to go off to One Mans Dream and we arrange to meet the boys at 11.00 for our FP on Toy Story Mania.

As we leave the Launch Bay Charlotte spots some Disney Jr characters, my nephew is 3 and loves Doc McStuffins and Jake and the Neverland Pirates so Charlotte queues up for their autographs and a picture for him ❤️

Jake was next, he drew a sword in the book!

What a lovely couple!😄

They are showing a sneak peek of the new Petes Dragon in the theatre in One Mans Dream. Charlotte and I now both really want to see this film.

Our FP is now valid so we go and ride, Charlotte gets the highest score in the car.

As I didn't get chance for breakfast this morning I'm getting hungry so we go for an early lunch along sunset boulevard, not the most nutritious breakfast but hey it's Disney! 😀

The cupcake looked beautiful but I just couldn't face it, seems such a waste, I think the new dining plan changes for next year will suit me!

We ask the kids what ride they would like to do before leaving and it's a resounding vote for Rock N Rollercoaster, it's a 40min wait, should be enough time to let lunch go down?!?! 😳

God I hope those chicken nuggets stay down😳😄

I survived! And a great new hat opportunity follows the ride👍🏼

We hop back on the bus to resort for a couple of hours to chill out, cool down and get ready for our evening at Animal Kingdom.

I get a shot of the front of our villa on the way to the bus stop. We are on the top floor.

It really is a great position 🙂

We arrive at Animal Kingdom at 4pm.

We go to see it's Tough To Be A Bug and then make our way to Africa for our dining reservation at Tusker House, by making this reservation I've guaranteed us entrance to the Jungle Book Show later tonight.

Nice! 👓

We stop at the Dawa bar and Ian orders us a drink whilst we are waiting for our table.

I have a 'lost on safari' cocktail and Ian has the Tusker Beer. My cocktail was really nice but could be dangerous as just tasted like juice!

We receive our passes for the show and are seated.

Donald was first up to our table, I know we've done this character meet before for breakfast but it's still fun 😀

Mickey was next and as always he was a complete gentleman. He liked my Tshirt!

I got so caught up with the character meets that this was the only picture I took of our food! I would liken the food to Boma but I prefer the surroundings at Boma.

Daisy was next to the table swiftly followed by Goofy.

After dinner we took a slow walk to Asia for our FastPass for Everest.

On the way Ryan found Nemo! 😂

Poor Nemo! 😢

Charlotte has found her new vocation... tuc tuc driver!

As we walked to Everest they had already set up the barges for the jungle book show

We walk to dinoland after Everest so the kids can have their traditional ride on Primeval Whirl together Ian and I always sit this one out!

A 20 minute wait time gives Ian and I a chance to have a wander round the shop.

Only a couple of hat photos to be had...

A whole hat stand full of hats I've already tried on!

Just whilst we wait ☺️

Managed to spot them.

Then just as a filler before the show we ride triceratops spin.

It was great fun😀

Shhh don't tell Mickey but Ryan broke the dinosaur!

It's ok he fixed it😄

We then take our seats for Jungle Book Alive with Magic.

Every section gets a good view so that's a positive.

Ok so the photos didn't come out very well so this is the only one I'll post, so my opinion for what it's worth is I think when Rivers of Light debuts it will be amazing as the 'theatre' is designed so that everyone can see. Would I go and see Jungle Book again?... no... It wasn't up to Disney standards, I do however understand it's just a filler show, the cast do a fabulous job of giving it their all in singing and dancing and playing music. Am I glad I saw it... yes!

What was fun afterwards was experiencing Animal Kingdom at night, the park takes on a whole different feel and we all loved it, this is the dance party in Harambe.

The best bit of today?... the Tree Of Life awakenings, I don't think there are enough adjectives to describe how beautiful this is. What a fantastic job Disney have done in bringing the park alive at night🙂

Another packed but lovely day we have had, I'm shattered and ready to crawl into bed.
Tomorrow we have a later breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre, then it's off to the Magic Kingdom and then an afternoon by the pool at the resort for some relaxation time.

Thanks again for taking the time to read xx

Old 7 Aug 16, 04:41 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Blondie1979 - 7 Aug 16 4:41 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I am loving waking up each morning and reading your trip report, it is helping me relive some of my trip in May.
Thank you for sharing it with us
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Morning Anna! It was great seeing photos of OKW as we stayed at millers road. Its such a beautiful resort. Loved the pics with Chewbacca!
The Tree of Life sounds amazing lit up. Can't wait to see that! I bet you're all feeling exhausted by now. Enjoy today.

Old 7 Aug 16, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
KeepSmiling
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Another great day. We will definitely be going to the Star Wars Launch Bay. Managed to find an ADR for the Whispering Canyon as your experience sounded awesome- decided not to tell the kids but will be sure to get them to ask for ketchup 😂
We only have 10 more sleeps so all getting very excited. Loving your daily updates.
KeepSmiling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
katrinl
New Poster (5)

Love reading your reports. We arrive on Wednesday and I can't wait to experience it all for myself . Hope I get a Chewie cuddle

Edited at 08:38 AM.
katrinl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

This looks like the best day so far! Your villa and resort look so pretty, too.

Seeing animal kingdom at night is magical, I agree with you its a great idea, I am hoping we get to see rivers of light by the time we go in april...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 7 Aug 16, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Can't wait to see AK at night and the tree it all looks beautiful. Hopefully Rivers of Light will be 'up and running' by then 🤔
OKW looks as beautiful as ever
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another fantastic day Anna
Were you secretly a little bit disappointed when you got to the hat stand and you'd already modelled them all
Hope you all have a great day today
Sam xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List