Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jan 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The60ftOctopus View Post
That's a shame. Then again, AK needed more attractions so I'll take this.
Thing is, there are only so many different 'types' of ride you can build, then everything else on top is aesthetics, let's just hope that they make them amazing

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
Thing is, there are only so many different 'types' of ride you can build, then everything else on top is aesthetics, let's just hope that they make them amazing
Interesting that Disney have so far chosen to mostly avoid 3D rides (such as Kong), faux coasters with 3D (such as Escape from Gringotts) and big coasters (such as Mako) while other parks have steamed ahead with them.
Old 8 Feb 17, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Rich30
Getting Excited

Mobile

Eeeeeekkkkk! May 27th confirmed! My ticket will end on the 29th. Soo excited 😬😍❤👍🏻👌🏻
Rich30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoFanJr
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I wonder if they will be adding fastpass tiers for Ak. Going to be crazy having everyone scramble for fastpass on the 2 new rides. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
OrlandoFanJr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
longles
Getting Excited

Disney have just announced Pandora will open May 27th
2018-CR,YC,RPR... 2020,2021-cancelled 2022-emerald island,swan,HRH
longles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
Interesting that Disney have so far chosen to mostly avoid 3D rides (such as Kong), faux coasters with 3D (such as Escape from Gringotts) and big coasters (such as Mako) while other parks have steamed ahead with them.
Presumably because Disney want everyone to be able to ride the new rides rather than just people over a certain height. You can see why they've gone for tamer rides.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Presumably because Disney want everyone to be able to ride the new rides rather than just people over a certain height. You can see why they've gone for tamer rides.
You could be right, but I'm surprised they haven't even gone for something like Minions or Simpsons yet. Surely with the IP they have Disney could do a fantastic new theatre based 3D ride.
Old 8 Feb 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
You could be right, but I'm surprised they haven't even gone for something like Minions or Simpsons yet. Surely with the IP they have Disney could do a fantastic new theatre based 3D ride.
They probably could but you're excluding a group of people when it comes to those rides too. I find some of the ones at Universal terrible for motion sickness. The Simpsons in particular is bad. You can see from the newer rides/rethemed rides at Disney that they're going for rides the whole family can experience together. Maybe DHS will be different?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
They probably could but you're excluding a group of people when it comes to those rides too. I find some of the ones at Universal terrible for motion sickness. The Simpsons in particular is bad. You can see from the newer rides/rethemed rides at Disney that they're going for rides the whole family can experience together. Maybe DHS will be different?
Minions has some stationary seating for those who find it a bit disorienting.

Extremely tame rides exclude certain groups as well (people like me who are bored stiff on It's a small world or Pirates of the Caribbean) and I think a park needs a mix / balance so they can appeal to everyone.

I suspect all parks will be looking very hard at how they can exploit VR tech right now... because, as said earlier in the thread, there are currently only so many types of ride.

The only moderately thrilling new Disney ride I can think of from the last few years is 7DMT but I will be curious to see exactly what the new rides are (when I eventually get there) and hope they manage to innovate a bit more going forward.
Old 8 Feb 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Minions has some stationary seating for those who find it a bit disorienting.

Extremely tame rides exclude certain groups as well (people like me who are bored stiff on It's a small world or Pirates of the Caribbean) and I think a park needs a mix / balance so they can appeal to everyone.

I suspect all parks will be looking very hard at how they can exploit VR tech right now... because, as said earlier in the thread, there are currently only so many types of ride.

The only moderately thrilling new Disney ride I can think of from the last few years is 7DMT but I will be curious to see exactly what the new rides are (when I eventually get there) and hope they manage to innovate a bit more going forward.
I do agree with you, just speculating why Disney have gone for these rides types. I'm hoping Star Wars land and Toy Story land have more thrill rides.

Trip Report Index