Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 5 Apr 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan87
slightly serious Dibber

4 go to DLP - Feb 2020 - Day Four

Wednesday 5th February

William woke up first this morning at about 6.45 so I gave him a pot of dry Cheerios to munch on in his cot and some toys to play with and I pottered around the room packing up the bag for the day. Alice woke at about 7.15, Matt had a coffee and a shower while I got the kids dressed and we were having breakfast by 8.
Minnie was the hotel character today and we hadn’t met her yet. The queue was on the larger side so I took William to the kids area while Matt and Alice joined the queue. They waited for a while then Minnie went off for a 15 minute break. At first Alice wanted to wait but then a couple of minutes later decided she didn’t want to wait so they left the queue to come and get us….and then Minnie returned. Must’ve said 5 minute break, not 15, doh! The queue hadn’t got an awful lot bigger but Alice didn’t want to rejoin it so we started to get going towards the park. Then she cried because she wanted to sit down, I think the busy days are catching up with her. She perked up when I suggested we get the bus in and we were then in the Studios park at 9.15, and no rain today, hooray! It was much quieter than yesterday and there was currently no one at all waiting for the first Frozen show so we went over to Ratatouille first which had a 5 minute wait. William was a little better this time, he liked the film bits but not the moving especially.
The queue for Frozen was medium size now so we hopped in. It was also a few minutes before the Lineberty app opened up slots to book to meet Olaf so whilst in the queue I loaded up the app. Three times it let me choose the spot and confirm the number people but each time it failed at the last step, and then all the slots were full Ah well, maybe we’ll try again tomorrow. Matt took William for a wonder around while Alice and I finished queueing and did the show as I’d heard you had to stand for the show and we didn’t think he would be as good with that as he had with Mickey and the Magician yesterday.
There was quite a bit of hanging around in the pre show area but once it got going it was really good. Not too many people in at a time so feels fairly intimate. The first section is Kristoff, Anna and Sven teaching you the dance moves to Let it Go so you can surprise Elsa in the next room. They flit between English and French and it works well. In the next room it’s like the ice palace and Elsa is there too. She sings Let it Go and we joined in with the dance we’d just been taught. Anna and Kristoff then sang Love is an Open Door too. The characters were great and had really good voices.

Upon leaving you exit into the Olaf meet and greet area and Alice really wanted to meet him as it appeared to only have a tiny queue. I explained about the app and she kind of understood and was just about happy enough watching him for a couple of minutes.

We met back up with Matt & William and Matt fancied a coffee so we headed into Studio 1 which was much quieter than yesterday. I went and got us a selection of fun Disney snacks to share including an R2D2 cheesecake and Mickey Mouse sponge cakes.

There was a great jazz band playing outside the café and we enjoyed listening to them

Both kids suddenly seemed really tired so although it was early we decided to head back to the room already so William could have a nap and Alice could have some down time.
He didn’t go down quite as instantly as yesterday but didn’t fight it too much. I tried to convince Alice that a little sleep would be good for her too but she wasn’t having any of it so I got out some colouring for her to do.
I really fancied going back to the park to go on a couple of big rides as Matt isn’t into them and obviously the kids are too small which Matt was perfectly happy for me to do as he welcomes the rest break too. Before leaving I went to give Matt back his credit card which I’d used to buy the snack in Studio 1 but I couldn’t find it! Went through the bag, coat, pockets etc but nope, not there. I realised I must’ve lost it in Studio 1, either dropped it or left it on the tray so I went down to hotel reception to ask them to phone the Studios. A few minutes anxious wait and the receptionist confirmed it was at guest services at the studios, phew! I nipped back to the room to get Matts ID and then went to the studios to collect it. Wow was I grateful (and lucky!) to have it back in my hand!
Putting it behind me I went into the studios to enjoy a bit of me time. We had a couple of spare GF club fastpasses that we hadn’t used yesterday so I used one on Tower of Terror, though even with that it was still 25 mins until I was sat on the elevator. I was on the front row, eek! I love this ride, to me it’s the perfect balance of fun and terrifying!

I had a good browse around the shop after as it’s one of my favourite shops, with plenty of villain themed merchandise. As I came out there was a Star Wars show happening so I watched that for a bit.
I’d hoped to ride Crush’s Coaster next but even the single rider queue was 45 mins which felt a bit long so I gave it a miss. I dithered around for a while then, not quite knowing what to do to make the most of this time. I decided the Studios Park wasn’t doing much for me so I grabbed a Hans Solo biscuit on my way through Studio 1 and went back over to the Main Park.

I enjoyed slowly wandering up Main Street taking in all the sights and sounds. I took a left and used another spare fastpass on Thunder Mountain. I was on within 5 minutes and was whizzing round in the train, loving it.
I wanted to go on Space Mountain next but it was down and had been for a couple of hours according to the app so I thought about going on Pirates of the Caribbean instead but then got a message from Matt that they were on their way into the park and all pretty hungry so could we meet at Colonel Hathi’s. I spotted that the hut outside were selling Lion King croque Monsieurs and I’d really wanted one of these on my last trip but hadn’t found them so grabbed myself one of those. To be honest it didn’t taste as good as it looked, was a bit dry, but it looked the part!

In Colonel Hathi I hedged my bets with what William would decide he liked today and ordered a range of pizza and pasta for them all to share – thankfully he tucked into all of it happily today! There was no one else sat in the area of the restaurant we were in so he had a good run around and play while we finished eating.
We explored some of Adventure land next on our way to ride Pirates. Matt wasn’t all that bothered as he doesn’t love the drop so he took William to the Pirate play ground area while Alice and I went on the ride.

It was only a 5 minute queue, Alice was a bit nervous of the dark to start with but then she got into it and enjoyed the spectacle. She didn’t bat an eyelid at the drops. Walking back to meet Matt afterwards we saw Captain Jack in the caves but couldn’t get a picture unfortunately. I suggested to Alice that she might fancy giving Thunder Mountain a go, as her first proper rollercoaster. She was a bit nervous but wanted to try so we used the last of yesterdays fastpasses and one of todays fastpasses so we didn’t have to wait long.
Well, she didn’t love it but she didn’t cry and was pretty proud of herself – didn’t want to go again yet though, she said maybe next year!

It was 4.30 now and I wanted to grab a spot for the parade as we’d only seen it on the first day when William had been asleep. I sent Matt and Alice off with the last of the fastpasses to go on Peter Pan and went to get a spot. It mustve been quiet as I got straight to curbside at Central Plaza. Alice came and sat next to me at 4.50 and Matt stood behind, we stayed seated for the whole thing as she was quite tired. It was a great view, we got lots of character interaction and really felt part of it.

We escaped down the arcade once it had passed us and walked quickly back to the hotel to make it back in time for our last opportunity for the teatime treats in the GF lounge. We had a lovely 45 mins or so in here, William being in good spirits helped, as well as great cast members.

We called into the hotel shop to get Alices chosen cuddly toy – Sleeping Beauty, and went back to our room. It was now 6.45 and I’d promised that at some point this trip I’d take Alice to the swimming pool and we haven’t made it yet as she’s been tired in the afternoons. A bit hyped up on sugar from the GF lounge I thought this would be a good opportunity for a half hour splash about so we went there while Matt & William watched cartoons and played with some toys.
We had a great time, Alice has been having swimming lessons and is getting so close to being able to swim by herself so we had fun practising. Then she enjoyed playing with the woggles and the floats. The time flew and we could’ve stayed much longer but didn’t want her too late to bed so we got out at 7.30 and headed back. The kids were then pretty much straight to bed and didn’t take too long to go to sleep.

Matt felt that he possibly had a migraine coming on so planned an early night so I went down to the GF lounge for a hot chocolate. It was quite busy in there this evening and the friendly staff remember me from earlier which is a nice touch. I had a nice chat with them and enjoyed my drink, then went back up at about 10, packed up most of our things as it’s home time tomorrow and then went to bed.

Edited at 09:10 PM.
disneyfan87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List