Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 May 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile Princess cruises

Hi all, seen a fab holiday package that includes a 7 night princess cruise on the Enchanted Princess.

It’s AI and includes WiFi and tips.

Would love to hear every thought possible about princess, as I have never cruised with them before

Thanks
Old 23 May 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We have done quite a few Princess cruises and have enjoyed them. The Enchanted is one of the newest ships but we have sailed one the Royal and Regal which are 2 of her sister ships.

We have seen some very good shows, experienced some good lectures, enjoyed many other activities and some great food. The food has always been very good including the buffet but obviously do not know whether they will have to amend that in the current circumstances and also main dining arrangements. We were due to cruise with them again later this year but that is now a no no. We have not cruised with children but they do seem to have a good children’s centre with plenty of activities for the different ages.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Thankyou for your reply, i’d be on my own so no kids etc.
I wouldn’t be sad to be honest if the buffet etc had to go or change, as I never use it, I like waiter service haha!
Glad to hear the food is good though, and the shows.
Would there be many other free activities?
Old 23 May 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

We have really enjoyed several Princess cruises, there seemed to be plenty to do, and lots of entertainment available in the various venues on board xx
Old 27 May 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We love Princess having done quite a few other companies.

We did a Hawaii cruise in March 2020 when Covid19 was really starting to have an impact. The buffet was not closed down but all self service was stopped. Instead staff served everything to you including salt/ pepper and sugar.

Obviously we don’t know if they will continue this once the ships start operating again
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bella Girl View Post
We love Princess having done quite a few other companies.

We did a Hawaii cruise in March 2020 when Covid19 was really starting to have an impact. The buffet was not closed down but all self service was stopped. Instead staff served everything to you including salt/ pepper and sugar.

Obviously we don’t know if they will continue this once the ships start operating again
Thanks! I’m not a buffet person so wouldn’t really mind, would be upset if they cancelled the big theatre shows though. I’m still deliberating although very tempted x
Old 29 May 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

We did a 2 week on the Caribbean Princess around Northern Europe. It was fine - nothing to write home about. I usually just choose the ship which fits with the destination I want to visit the best.
Princess seemed to get the worst outbreaks of covid so got some pretty rough press. I think if and when cruising is allowed again all companies will have to put the same measures in place so if the destination is good then go for it!
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We have had some great Princess cruises, we were lucky enough to do South America with them in Feb this year just before the world went crazy.

I am probably unusual in that I prefer their older ships, I really disliked the Royal due to the tiny balconies and the social spaces like the theatre weren't as spacious as other ships we have been on.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Have cruised Princess several times but never on the Enchanted.
They are an excellent cruise line, beautiful ships. Just sorry I won’t be cruising anytime soon but would gladly go on them once things calm down.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

We have done Princess twice and highly rate them.
First was our 25th wedding anniversary on the Grand Princess in the Caribbean.
Then my 50th on the Caribbean Princess again in the Caribbean...both fabulous cruises ...staff ...food ..places to visit etc...then we went on a Disney cruise and fell in love with them😊 .
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List