Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Mar 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Lucky finds!

I got excited earlier because sorting out old handbag i found a brand new hand sanitiser bottle (yay!) and on checking out what food we have left found some breaded chicken strips and a bag of curly fries in freezer for tea tonight! ( double yay!)
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Nice.
Found unopened box of pancake mix we brought back from Orlando last summer so getting that going... and may even pretend we're at iHop 😉
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I spring cleaned the bathroom from top to toe and found a box of paracetamol in the cupboard. I have not been able to buy any and was a bit worried if we get the virus. Sparkly clean bathroom and painkillers - result!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Its strange how these things are so major and yet a month ago it would have been a big deal. Great find on pancake mix and paracetamol! We only have a pack of 8 paracetamol in house and 2 bottles of infant calpol, DD is 10 so i would have to titrate up dose if needed, but thought that was better than nothing!
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Found 2 packs of part baked baguettes in the Xmas/Brexit/snow stash - dated April, so we have bread without having to go out til Tuesday.

Was absolutely delighted... still smiling... simple pleasures.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Was trying to figure out why a PC wasn't working at work, got down under the desk to look at plugs etc and found a little bottle of hand sanitizer wedged on a shelf. Had been there for some time as had dust on it.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Last night I found a full big chocolate cake in the kitchen cupboard (still in date)

After our dinner of frozen veg/fish cakes/chips we all had a slice. I kid you not we all sat and eat it in silence savouring every bite. After dh looked at me and said... I now understand how the big brother contestants felt 😂

Edited at 12:20 PM.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

At the end of the lock down, whenever that may be, the shops will be bare within days as every household will have eaten everything in the house. Wont be panic buying but a full restock.

People will need new clothes - either we will eat too much and expand or not eat enough. Currently I seem to be eating more than usual though not spending as much money