Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
chocolatemango
Earning More Ears

Question Haven't heard a dicky bird!

I have read about people receiving refunds for their DLP holidays. I should be in Paris now - obviously I'm not! I submitted a request with Disney to accept their offer of a Voucher as they were not offering refunds. This was over a month ago now and to this day I have not heard anything from Disney. I'm sure there are many others (several thousand!) in this position - has anybody heard from Disney yet or received their voucher? Or has anybody been offered a full refund? ... I am now thinking I would prefer a refund rather than a voucher ... Am I entitled to a refund? Any advice gratefully received.
chocolatemango is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bungle4x4
Getting Excited

ive just had my booking moved by the facebook messenger support team after waiting a fortnight from my request for a voucher. i would 100% try that if you want a rebook it was very painless.
Old 30 Apr 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
chocolatemango
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by bungle4x4 View Post
ive just had my booking moved by the facebook messenger support team after waiting a fortnight from my request for a voucher. i would 100% try that if you want a rebook it was very painless.
I did phone them and was told that because I had already requested the voucher they weren’t able to change my booking on the phone and I would need to wait! I will try and contact via FB - thank you
chocolatemango is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

I was supposed to be going on 12th April. I submitted a request to move it and still haven’t heard anything. I logged in to my booking and can see they’ve moved my dates but it’s now saying I owe Ł1000! I’ve had no email confirmation or anything, I find it very poor service.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

I read that after a certain date the French government aren't giving refunds for any tourism, only vouchers so you wouldn't be entitled to one, I'm not sure about the credit card protection and if that could override, however if the voucher offer was accepted it's less likely.

Your request is there it'll just be in a massive queue, id be worried if the day had come and no request had been made.
The problem is that people with holidays further in the future than yours are also cancelling or trying to rebook, so your request will be behind lots of others but won't necessarily be dealt with in accordance with your arrival date. (Hanging on until later for my June booking for this reason, other people need theirs dealing with 1st) There's also bound to be a huge delay anyway because due to the nature of this crisis, the company were on the back foot with this process to begin with

Try FB messenger as others have said, maybe they have a lower queue time but what power they have may vary from agent to agent as it often does in these scenarios

Edited at 07:25 AM.
fiona88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dipsydoodle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
I was supposed to be going on 12th April. I submitted a request to move it and still haven’t heard anything. I logged in to my booking and can see they’ve moved my dates but it’s now saying I owe Ł1000! I’ve had no email confirmation or anything, I find it very poor service.
Hi try not to panic - I requested to move my booking about a month ago and didnt hear anything so called and spoke to someone a few weeks ago. The person I spoke to was very helpful but they were really snowed under - she did move my dates on the phone (doesn't seem like they are still doing that tho) but she warned me that it would show a negative balance for a while until the goodwill gesture caught up with the booking so not to panic. - they weren't sending emails so the online booking was the only place I could see the change of date and sure enough it showed that I owed them Ł1600 - I checked again about a week ago and it showed a goodwill gesture which made the total zero owed.

dipsydoodle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Valeriebarrow
Getting Excited

Valeriebarrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were booked to go 22nd March; cancelled and requested refund on 16th. We received acknowledgement immediately but heard nothing else until late last week when we received cancellation email which worried us at first as it appeared to show we had paid no monies (had paid balance on booking last November). However, 2/3 days later a full refund appeared on my credit card.
So I guess it's really a question of hanging on in there. Hope you all hear something soon.
Valeriebarrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi - would love some help with this please How do I access FB messenger support? I have tried calling several times but the lines are closed. What number are people using please? We were due to travel at the beginning of April and submitted a request for refund at the end of March. Approx 75% was refunded immediately but nothing since! Any help hugely appreciated. Understand the refund may take a while but need reassurance it is on its way
Thanks all
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bungle4x4
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi - would love some help with this please How do I access FB messenger support? I have tried calling several times but the lines are closed. What number are people using please? We were due to travel at the beginning of April and submitted a request for refund at the end of March. Approx 75% was refunded immediately but nothing since! Any help hugely appreciated. Understand the refund may take a while but need reassurance it is on its way
Thanks all
I used the message button next to the like button on Facebook and went from there, it puts you through to a chat bot who will transfer you to a friendly human. Worked a treat for me imgur/gallery/OR4Wn7A

Edited at 03:28 PM.
bungle4x4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by bungle4x4 View Post
I used the message button next to the like button on Facebook and went from there, it puts you through to a chat bot who will transfer you to a friendly human. Worked a treat for me imgur/gallery/OR4Wn7A
Thanks so much Bungle4x4 How long did they take to respond? I sent a message a couple of hours ago - am I expecting too much to get a response today?
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List