Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 May 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Disneyland Paris with a baby

Hi, anyone with experience of taking a baby to DLP? How was it? Are you glad you did? Any tips?
If anyone can point me to any trip reports that would be much appreciated.
Oh and by baby I mean from birth up to a year old
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I first took my eldest when she was 18months old and my youngest was 9 months old. I found it easier, no running off and no i want i want except for food haha my 2 obviously cant remember when they were so young but weve got the memories, the pictures and videos of them and they love to look at them. We went on a lot of rides with them, sometimes i think it depends on the cast member for some of them but we had no issues. I dont regret taking them, and we went by coach as well at first. Its was an adventure and i loved it and theyve grown up loving disney. Both still want to go all the time (now aged 17 and 13).
We also went as a large family and took my twin nieces when they were 10 month old, they are now 9.
If just a small family unit going use parent swap, make sure you have a travel kettle just in case and can sterilise your bottles this way. I took flavoured water powder and added that to bottles for a drink during the day (dont know if still can get this but i used to get it from boots) took snacks with us when on solids and the milk was carton baby milk that could be easily transfered to bottle. Take a light cheap buggy and make sure you label it but dont leave any belongings on it with a parasol of hot and rain cover, it is france after all.
If on solids i used to give them chips from my meals and if went to buffet there is usually plain pasta you can add things to or the desserts for them to eat.
Hope this is enough so far for you, been having to think as been so long since they were little.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
suziwong_96
Serious Dibber

Mobile

The baby care centres are excellent. Spacious and quiet space to change feed. I'd recommend taking a decent buggy and a bike lock for wheel if worried about theft. Decent I mean like a Joie lietrax or baby jogger. Baby spends a long time in it and good protection from wind/ rain. Baby items like nappies wipes are expensive so take plenty. I do a boots collect order at airport when we have taken babies, formula, snacks. Take calpol for sure, you can't buy in France in stores, only pharmacy. We used a Milton cold water steriliser for all our hols, easy travel item . Id also recommend a baby carrier if u have, great for letting baby out to see things, in Qs, and if traveling by plane a lifesaver!
Lots of rides you can take baby on too,. But make sure u use baby swap for other rides 😃
suziwong_96 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We took our daughter at one year, and got annual passes that year so we went 6 times between 1 - 2 years old. On our last trip we were also joined by my brother and sister-in-law who had their toddler and 4 month old with them - it was all fine! Just make sure you make use of the baby care centers when the little one needs fed or even changed, so much nicer and cleaner. We used them frequently even for my 1-year-old!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

Mobile

We took my son at 6 months and had a great time. We didn’t find it any harder than being at home to be honest. He liked meeting the characters and had a lovey interaction with Pluto, who saw us and bounded over to say hi. If your going via Eurostar, upgrade in premiere is you can, it was only about £20 more, we got food and the extra space was great. Cast members where all wonderful (normally we find them just ‘ok’ in Paris) but they helped us in anyway they could. One thing I do remember, we got lots of conflicting advice on what rides we could take him on. Sometimes we where aloud in POTC, other times, not. It seamed to depend on the cast member as I asked for a list and was told there wasn’t one.
Old 10 May 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We took our LB to DLP at 9 months and had the most amazing time (so much easier than when we took him again at 18 months and WDW at 23 months!)

I have written trip reports for all of them, but the one where he was 9 months can be found here if it's any help
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
suziwong_96
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
We took our LB to DLP at 9 months and had the most amazing time (so much easier than when we took him again at 18 months and WDW at 23 months!)

I have written trip reports for all of them, but the one where he was 9 months can be found here if it's any help

I see your hopefully going to DLP in September,..? We are booked for December, not sure whether to move to next year,😬😬torn. Not even sure if Marvel hotel will be open 😬. Charlie will be hard work at moment if anything like Daniel who runs everywhere, hoping he learns to walk and not run by our trip🤣 x
suziwong_96 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suziwong_96 View Post
I see your hopefully going to DLP in September,..? We are booked for December, not sure whether to move to next year,😬😬torn. Not even sure if Marvel hotel will be open 😬. Charlie will be hard work at moment if anything like Daniel who runs everywhere, hoping he learns to walk and not run by our trip🤣 x
I'm trying to stay positive for September but also realistic it most likely won't happen. Our final balance is due mid-June so will make a decision then... I would think we will most likely move it to next year when things hopefully are a little calmer.

Charlie certainly is a handful, our WDW trip last year was a real eye-opener to how different these trips are with toddlers!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
suziwong_96
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm trying to stay positive for September but also realistic it most likely won't happen. Our final balance is due mid-June so will make a decision then... I would think we will most likely move it to next year when things hopefully are a little calmer.

Charlie certainly is a handful, our WDW trip last year was a real eye-opener to how different these trips are with toddlers!
Definitely, we were supposed to be going to Majorca in July,but my days if sitting down are paused 🤣, my 6 year old is the dream do there's hope 🤣! Our balance is October so I've ages to decide too 😃
Old 10 May 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankyou so much for this Lisa_Lollipop! ive just started with your pre trippy and now i'll chill out with a nice cup of tea and go through the rest. It gives me something to keep entertained while on furlough!

Thanks everyone for your replies, they have been most helpful. I'll definitely be looking into a decent buggy when the time is right.
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List