Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 16 May 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile September 2020 Dibbers

I’ve seen an August thread and an October thread but no September thread so thought I’d start one.

We are due to fly 10/9 BA flydrive, free dining direct with Disney, and Cabana Bay with Virgin. We have annual passes for universal and have also booked HHN tickets with Orlando Attractions.
CB has been paid in full, more than deposit been paid for both BA and Disney, and deposit only so far for HHN tickets.

I swing up and down pretty much daily but we’ve settled on a wait and see approach. Balance is due mid July so hoping we’ll know a bit more by then. Plans B-Z include; moving everything, moving just Disney if free dining is released for next year and shortening holiday to a week at universal, cancelling everything, and a multitude of others in between.

I’m staying hopeful but feel prepared if things don’t go to plan.

What are my fellow September dibbers thinking?
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We also have a free dining stay booked with Disney. Our flights are Virgin miles flights so movable even without the open ticket option. I think it’s highly unlikely we’ll go as there will probably still be social distancing in place even if we can even get into the country. I don’t want to spend thousands on a second rate Disney trip due to all the restrictions. But then I think maybe it won’t be that bad and September is still a while away. Like you I don’t need to make any decision until July and I’m hoping things will be clearer by then.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm due to fly out 13th September, flights booked with BA from Gatwick. Doing a split stay, 7 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter and 5 nights at the Polynesian, hotel and tickets booked direct with Disney. I've got a day booked at Discovery Cove which is rescheduled from when I was there last year. I was ill on the day and couldn't make it and they let me reschedule for this year. I'm going unless I'm officially told it's cancelled. It's 120 days which is 5 years in covid time!
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jacksc5294
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Flying on the 12th with Aer Lingus - we can change flights for free until 30th September. Booked direct with Disney, balance due in July, when I’m confident the picture will be clearer!

Social distancing obviously isn’t ideal - but it’s not going to go away anytime soon in 2021 either, out of sheer precaution!

Best case scenario is that we can go in September and the parks are really quiet
Jacksc5294 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

Supposed to be there right now, moved our trip to Sept 5th staying at Coronado Springs. So up in the air at the moment but the situation could change so quickly in either direction, its so difficult to say what will happen!

Staying positive but as we've already had to move it, the disappointment won't be so strong if we can't go in Sept either. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for everyone
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

I have Vegas booked for early September and I don’t think it’ll be happening. I don’t want it to, tbh because they’re going through worse than us.

I’ve already rearranged our May holiday (should be in Florida now) and am now booked to go next September.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think I’d need to be fairly confident that the risk of a second wave was very low. The thought of being out there during a lockdown or being all ready to go and told it was cancelled last minute doesn’t bear thinking about so I’d rather make the decision early.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Mobile

Have California booked for 6th September can’t see that happening..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
We were meant to be going on 5/9, I definitely don't want to go whatever happens so I'm dithering about whether to cancel now and lose the deposit or try and get in touch with Virgin to rearrange. I'm not paying the balance which is due on 13/6 whatever happens. It's the first time in many visits that I booked a package so I'm glad about that.
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi, we are due to travel on 11 September from Gatwick with Virgin (patiently waiting for flights to be moved to Heathrow) - split stay between Disney and Universal.

We have already paid for everything in full with Attraction Tickets Direct and Virgin so I’m not sure how it would work if they cancelled us? Hoping it will go ahead but really do not want to have to wear a face mask in the heat...