Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

When they made the changes (last week I believe) they did have Direct flight on VA (flight only), the outbound flight had the same times as what it was from LGW, however the return flight was later.

Like you say hopefully more changes over the coming weeks, would just nice to know though. Like I said before if they are still selling seats you would hope existing customers would be transferred over first, but who knows!
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by phonic73 View Post
Apologies for being confusing. When I look at my dates (24/3 - 10/4) on Virgin Holidays (Flydrive) it shows options of Direct flights (however just did another search and the return leg is only showing Indirect), on Virgin Atlantic (Flight only) there is no option for Direct flights. Unless I am completely missing something.
I've been looking at the website too this morning and it's bizarre. There is a big gap in flights for sale between 20th March - 27th March. There are 2 direct flights actually 'scheduled' for 24th March though (VS91 & VS135) - just not on sale at the moment
Old 23 May 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Like I said before if they are still selling seats you would hope existing customers would be transferred over first, but who knows!
This I totally agree with, and said as much last week, it's all well and good Virgin getting excited at the launch of summer 2021 flights but please let’s get the current ones Who are booked and have uncertainty sorted and transferred first.

Hope it all get sorted for you and you get a good result, I genuinely don’t believe my August flight will go ahead but none of this is helping my greying hair
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU,
Excited about Disney

Mobile

When they made the changes (last week I believe) they did have Direct flight on VA (flight only), the outbound flight had the same times as what it was from LGW, however the return flight was later.

Like you say hopefully more changes over the coming weeks, would just nice to know though.

Like I said before if they are still selling seats you would hope existing customers would be transferred over first, but who knows!
I hope this happens, as are seats are miles seats and the return is PE, don’t want to loose them
LOU, is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Is anyone having their booking moved from a Direct flight to an indirect flight? I saw a poster earlier say that their outbound flight was direct (LGW-MCO) but their return flight changed to indirect MCO-JFK-LHR.
That was me... sorry I confused things there. We already had indirect flights for the return leg booked MCO-JFK-LGW, the last leg has now been changed to LHR.

Edited at 10:05 AM.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I am flying on 8th July and just noticed some changes. My seats have disappeared and I can't rebook any seats, and the passenger status says 'Contact delta' even though it's VA. The return flight still says 747 and seats, both flights still say LGW. Wondering if it's about to be cancelled
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
I am flying on 8th July and just noticed some changes. My seats have disappeared and I can't rebook any seats, and the passenger status says 'Contact delta' even though it's VA. The return flight still says 747 and seats, both flights still say LGW. Wondering if it's about to be cancelled
My flights 4th and our ED seats have disappeared for outbound too. Says “schedule change” but apart from seats nothing else actually changed. Inbound PE bubble seats still showing
2022 - Hopefully
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Sent them a WhatsApp to try and find out what's going on. Our seats were ED too outbound. Unless they are trying to fit people on the new plane and we've lost our ED seats
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
RichyC
Having Dinner with Goofy

I have just checked my Virgin Atlantic app. Our flights for Feb 2021 have just been updated to Heathrow. Virgin Holidays app hasn't updated yet.

Edited at 10:27 AM.
RichyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

My Jan 28th 2021 outbound has changed to LHR, In bound 10 days later is changing right now...
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List