Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

BA will probably make any announcements until they have done their crew restructuring, I think they are trying to make it as uncertain as possible for their cabin crew who will ALL be made redundant the middle of June and have to reapply for their jobs.

Once they have their entire crew on one rota system instead of 4 or 5 then they will announce their plans. The crew restructure is by far the most important thing on BAs mind at the moment. They have attempted to do this so many times and always been struck down by the unions. The unions now have no clout.

You will have to wait.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I understand guys but for us we would much prefer to go from LGW but if they pull out and flights go from LHR then that’s fine too. My main reason for booking now is securing the price with a low deposit as it’s such a good price. I’m sure others have done it.
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I. With the above, due to book for a May trip in the next couple of weeks.
Would prefer to fly LGw , if we have to go via Heathrow that’s fine, didn’t want to bookgatwick, then further down the line possibly get rerouted via Heathrow, or have our flight cancelled and refunded then having to book another flight at a higher flight cost

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Are you going to book from LGW then?

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
I. With the above, due to book for a May trip in the next couple of weeks.
Would prefer to fly LGw , if we have to go via Heathrow that’s fine, didn’t want to bookgatwick, then further down the line possibly get rerouted via Heathrow, or have our flight cancelled and refunded then having to book another flight at a higher flight cost

Jules
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
I understand guys but for us we would much prefer to go from LGW but if they pull out and flights go from LHR then that’s fine too. My main reason for booking now is securing the price with a low deposit as it’s such a good price. I’m sure others have done it.
This is the same as us. Prices for our dates are good and So is car hire so happy to book with deposit for now. If the route changes to LHR then so be it.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m glad I’m not the only person thinking this now. I’m getting excited to book! What will be will be and if the worst comes to it we loose our deposit which is better than loosing thousands of pounds. I’m hoping there is a vaccine by then but to be honest I think this is going to be our new way of living for the next few years.
Old 26 May 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

[QUOTE][/Are you going to book from LGW then? QUOTE]
Whatever I do will be wrong lol.
Prefer Gatwick , but think I may book from Heathrow, purely for if anything changes and they cancel flights or reroute, I’d rather have my flight locked in, without having to rebook at a far higher cost

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=signtalker;14488325]
[/Are you going to book from LGW then? QUOTE]
Whatever I do will be wrong lol.
Prefer Gatwick , but think I may book from Heathrow, purely for if anything changes and they cancel flights or reroute, I’d rather have my flight locked in, without having to rebook at a far higher cost

Jules
I see you're flying in May.

Last time I looked for April/May (our dates) you can select LHR/MCO but when the price comes back it's defaulted to LGW/MCO

Mick
Old 26 May 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post

Jules

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I see you're flying in May.

Last time I looked for April/May (our dates) you can select LHR/MCO but when the price comes back it's defaulted to LGW/MCO

Mick
Mick is correct. You can't book LHR-MCO (non-stop) unless and until BA makes the schedule change from LGW. It's only possible to book what is scheduled at a given moment. LHR-MCO will only be available indirect until then.

So, you either book now from LGW, and risk the re-route/cancellation, or take the risk of waiting for a schedule change to LHR and book then, at the prevailing price. Choices, choices...
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m going to take the risk and make the booking via LGW to get the price and flights locked in as I’m booking a whole package.. Can I just ask that incase they do move to LHR with direct flights eventually and move everything over will I have to pay anymore? I’m under the impression if THEY cancel or reroute they are liable, but I’m not so sure.

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Mick is correct. You can't book LHR-MCO (non-stop) unless and until BA makes the schedule change from LGW. It's only possible to book what is scheduled at a given moment. LHR-MCO will only be available indirect until then.

So, you either book now from LGW, and risk the re-route/cancellation, or take the risk of waiting for a schedule change to LHR and book then, at the prevailing price. Choices, choices...