Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
No, the disney tickets are extended to september 21 and the airline are refusing to refund just a travel voucher and as expected they are quoting an extortionate amount for new flights. We have already lost money on the holiday (they cancelled 2 weeks before we were due to leave) . I could try a later date up until September but we re still restricted to school hols so I expect it'll be much the same price wise x
Ah I see, oops. Sorry.
As I understand it you don’t have to accept a voucher you can push for a refund, but I’m no expert.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Ah I see, oops. Sorry.
As I understand it you don’t have to accept a voucher you can push for a refund, but I’m no expert.
thank you I keep reading about just pushing for a refund but they are just point blank refusing (they are saying if it was a flight before 15th May then there are different rules so no refund even though they cancelled - not sure the relevance of 15th May). I am holding out for the credit card to be able to get money back and then we can book with a different airline. Their prices seem higher than we paid last year but not like KLM.
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

it just doesn't feel fair to be offered a travel voucher that will only cover one of us to go. BAs price for 4 of us is 2500 which is better but I can't book with BA as the travel voucher is for KLM
Surely under EU regs you can demand the return of your money, not a voucher?
Either that, or request a chargeback from your credit card/bank
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Surely under EU regs you can demand the return of your money, not a voucher?
Either that, or request a chargeback from your credit card/bank
yes, i've spoken to KLM several times and they point blank refuse a refund. I am currently going down the chargeback route but barclay card are yet to deal with the claim due to the backlog (I logged a claim in April). The predicament comes if I happen to find a flight that's priced right...i'll have to decide whether to book and hope the claim is successful or hold on and hope the price doesn't change much x
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are restricted to the easter holidays and the schools break up on the 1st (this year they finishished on the 3rd). In 2018 I flew on easter sunday and the price was around 1800 for the 4 of us. It is frustrating because we can't get refunds on our park tickets so if we dont go we lose a 1700 anyway. I expect a rise but a 2700 rise is extortionate. I think if it doesnt come down from 4400 we'll have to forgo the park tickets. Changing dates could be an option I guess but my eldest is starting high school so dont really want to be taking her out for more than a few days x
Does your travel insurance cover pandemics? If you haven't checked already have a good look through their T&C's.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Does your travel insurance cover pandemics? If you haven't checked already have a good look through their T&C's.
Thank you - no unfortunately doesn't cover pandemics so just relying on chargeback or failing that KLM not asking for absurd airfare costs nd then I woudn't mind rebooking. I was thinking I might change the date to the feb school hols and take my children out of school for 1 week but my sister (who we are going with) just reminded me that next year her son has alevels so can't take him out so looks like we are defintely restricted to the hols x
NY and WDW March 2024