Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 27 May 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sandr
Gone all Goofy

September 21st flying with Virgin (eek) staying half Onsite, half I-Drive.
Desperately want to go as it's been six years and already rescheduled from May which had been booked for over a year... my feelings on whether it will happen or not change by the minute!

As it's my partner's first time, if there's still so many restrictions in place and no fireworks etc, we may move to May 2021. But I'll probably cry about that a little bit.

Lovely to see some positivity
sandr is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Flying 7 September to Vancouver. Doing Vancouver and Vancouver Island before heading into USA then back to Vancouver on the train from Seattle.

I have a plan B holiday booked with no cancellation fees to stay entirely in Canada in case border crossing/isolation is still running.

I know our flight will be ok as it's running as one of the 3 a week at the moment and increasing to daily in June. Canadian government reviewing the 14 day isolation on 30 June, so it all depends on that. Lots more open in British Columbia than most places due to lack of cases.

Living in hope!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Sept 17th for us but to LAX. Starting to feel more positive now

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

May I join the thread please even though I’m going in October? 😇😇 September positivity means positivity for October ! Meant to be doing 10 days at Disney World from October 21st flying BA, Disney hotel, ticket already purchased

I’m generally a positive person, I am slightly concerned but more hopeful that it will happen now then I was a couple of weeks ago!

Places are starting to open, some countries are starting to welcome back tourism...

My concerns:
I won’t be able to go if I have to isolate either end - going, obviously I don’t want to spend my whole holiday isolating, returning, I can’t work from home! So can’t isolate.
The borders need to open between U.K. and America and it doesn’t seem to be close...

Disney announced their plan today! Hoping to open in July - great! But with advanced bookings... I’ve already bought a 14day ultimate ticket. If I have to book parks in advance, in theory that’s fine but what if there are days where I can’t get a reservation because there are too many people? This is meant to be a park holiday, me and my travel friend cant drive, that’s why we are staying in a Disney hotel.

But... Positive!

I so badly want to go! The only other thing is the masks - I’ve only just managed to get one and put it on for a supermarket trip and gee that was hard (my glasses kept steaming up for one thing!) I can’t I again doing that in Florida heat all day!

The hope of it though is keeping me going!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wazowskiscar View Post
Disney announced their plan today! Hoping to open in July - great! But with advanced bookings... I’ve already bought a 14day ultimate ticket. If I have to book parks in advance, in theory that’s fine but what if there are days where I can’t get a reservation because there are too many people? This is meant to be a park holiday, me and my travel friend cant drive, that’s why we are staying in a Disney hotel.
I read on the August positive thread that there was some type of announcement that Disney are not allowing further bookings and they are prioritising those currently booked, I think that’s a positive sign that if you have a resort booking you would be fine getting into the park.

Perhaps you won’t be able to park hop or have to choose 1 park a day or something like that.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
Let us know if you ever hear anything about the flight lol I’m going in September even if I need to hire a plane myself! Already lost one trip to Florida this year
Us too! April trip cancelled, keeping everything crossed for September 26th , not booked flights yet just going to wait till last minute as don’t want to be trying to recoup cost of two lots of flights xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Feeling much more positive after the announcement today, I’ve already got my itinerary sorted so picking a park to visit per day won’t be a hassle. I’m not really bothered by the lack of everyday parades, character meets and fireworks but thinking about MNSSHP makes me sad, surely they’ll have to cancel it if all of the above are off the cards? Hopefully they will have figured out a way to manage crowds by September and can at least go ahead with the Boo to You parade...it was the highlight of our 2016 holiday and we still listen to the music 😅
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I was feeling positive !
After viewing the park hours today , wow , some changes .
For people like us who are early risers ( yes even on holiday ) and die hard park hoppers , these will have an impact ( not feeling the Disney love today lol)

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

I am semi positive.
We go 15th to 29th September.
Staying in I Drive & will be reliant on buses & hotel shuttle.
That could be the major stumbling block.
Think I'd like it cancelled, but obviously not willing to cancel it myself.
Also need to pay remainder for park tickets early July, but not sure if I should just cancel & loose my £20 deposit.
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hey my fellow September travellers.

Are any of you flying with Virgin? My flights from Manchester are still showing the 747 as our plane. Also our return flight has disappeared from the site. Is anybody similar? Obviously they won't speak to me as we are a long way off our flights yet.

Thanks

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List