Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

End of October / November?

In a bit of irritable quandary today.

We were due to have a big 3 week DIY trip leaving 2 days before lockdown. Mad panic in the couple of weeks before and quickly pushed everything to 24th October at no cost and thought ‘phew - at least we’ve got something to look forward to’.

But obviously things got a lot worse and we thought the trip would never happen in October but now there are small glimmers of hope and I can’t really see it going ahead but it’s also 5 months away...

If we push to 2021, we are really limited and possibly will have to cancel fully and maybe think about 2022 / 2023. This was a big 5 year post cancer celebration and we are in the life is for living camp so this delay doesn’t sit well with!

Anyone else got any thoughts or going around then?
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We are 27th from Manchester with Virgin Holidays currently have everything crossed
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Due to go the same month. Not too long ago I had written it off, but now I actually have hope! Only thing at the moment is that Virgin haven't updated the flights before the 25th Oct yet and that's making me worry.

I have however booked some refundable accomodation for next year, with the plan being to shift the flights around that if October falls through.

It's looking fairly likely now though?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm still hoping to go in September😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re booked to go in November (in fact we only booked it just over a week ago!) and I think everything should be just fine by then 👍🏼
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

The thing that worries me more is things like enhanced health screening (and being turned away at the airport!), face mask wearing (I’m a hospital worker and I hate them), lack of parades/shows etc and the quarantine on the way home - some of those would stop us going but I’m not clear if they are all long term plans or just short term over the next few months.
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would say they are short term. By the time we are due to go I would guess that most of the mask wearing etc will be non essential. The U.K. quarantine thing will soon disappear I think because there’s such a strong case for it not to be in place as it is harming the travel industry too much.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We should have gone on the 17th April but changed our flight a week before we flew to 3rd November. I am remaining very positive that we will be going. I think that the USA will have flights back in the air well before then as they are far more concerned about the economy than health. I still plan to go, I have no issue wearing a mask, I am currently using them every day for work. 2 metre distance is also not any issue, we are staying for a week of our trip in the back of beyond so slim chance of seeing anyone and when we hit Orlando we will do whatever it takes to allow us to enjoy our trip.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

The big issue is going to be for those who regularly choose this time of the year because it’s quieter, but it’s looking like many are choosing this as their alternate date.
I expect the social distancing to still be in place, temp checks and reduced attendance on rides and eateries, so it’s going to be slow and busy.
Also,if the rules are still in place there won’t be any parades fireworks shows or any other large gathering.
Sort of WDW lite
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

I’m going the end of October fingers crossed. I have been many times before so if this one is a little different we will just make the best of it.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List