Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile Virgin Incentives

Yesterday I received a response to my whatsapp to Virgin over the cancellation of our flights. The lady advised that along with the option to change to an open ticket or a new date they were also offering incentives such as flying club miles, an upgrade to econ delight on the day if avail or a cash card. I was just wondering if anyone has taken any of the incentives, especially the cash card, and could tell me how much it is worth? Thanks
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

I haven't taken the cash card but I was offered it along with the flyclub offer or the free upgrade to delight. The Cash card was for £25 per person and would be provided at the airport.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Who would take the free upgrade on the basis that only if it’s available. Pretty much no chance of there being seats together available in the relatively small section of economy delight on the plane.

Great if it’s guaranteed and you can book your seats but if it’s not then there was zero incentive.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
I haven't taken the cash card but I was offered it along with the flyclub offer or the free upgrade to delight. The Cash card was for £25 per person and would be provided at the airport.
Ah ok so thats the amount, the advisor didn't go into the detail of how much it was.
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Who would take the free upgrade on the basis that only if it’s available. Pretty much no chance of there being seats together available in the relatively small section of economy delight on the plane.

Great if it’s guaranteed and you can book your seats but if it’s not then there was zero incentive.
This was my thought entirely. Other than flying at a ridiculously quiet time of year what would be the chances of any being available let alone 4 together? Nice try Virgin but we aren't that stupid!
Old 27 May 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post

Yes that will just get them more bad press as *subject to availability will mean a no for 90% of people who will then go on social media and blast the airline. Really silly decision on their part.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Checking on this through the WhatsApp as was asking if moving flights constituted a new booking.

Got this back

There is a response to your open inquiry:

Hi, You’re speaking with Ceri today. I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are responding to unprecedented number of customers whose travel plans are impacted by Covid-19.. May 2021 is currently outside our booking range. We can hold the ticket open for you to book once these flights become available. If you were to cancel your refund request and rebook you would be eligible for on e of the following:. - 8,000 bonus Flying Club miles, per person and per flight. . - A GBP 50.00 cash card per person, which will be provided at the airport.

Please respond if you would like to continue the conversation.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

That's a better offer than what we got, there must be so many people asking for refunds they're upping their game.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thats def better than what we were offered too. I wonder if they are now having people ask about stopping the refund and what they will give them. Or its just that it depends which advisor you get on the day.
Old 30 May 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1901
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked through net flights. I wonder if this offer would be offered to us too, or just people who booked direct?