Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
In that case, if you paid by card I would go down the chargeback or S75 route with your card provider.
I told her on the phone I would do this if my refund not paid back in 1 week time... she just said that was up to me if that was the route I wanted to go down...I said I had got 2 refunds from jet 2 she said they had a better system... unbelievable
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairelly
Proud to wear my Ears

What number did you ring, please?
Clairelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I phoned to swap mine but was told I couldn't as it was too far out. But if I go on the website and try and buy tickets on that flight I can.

Ho hum.

In no immediate rush to do so as need to sort Insurance out first...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clairelly View Post
What number did you ring, please?
Or 02036361931
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
FRANKLIN
Helping Mickey

I had flights for August 20 booked from way back in Nov 18 and rang first thing at 9am this morning and got through in about 30 minutes. They did initially state that they couldn’t book me next years flights as the system would not let them transfer the booking however when I politely advised the flights were available online, I’m following their email guidance and I have read numerous online blogs that have changed flights he went off and spoke with a colleague and bobs your uncle he came back and rebooked the flight.
He did say he was creating a full new booking to book new flights, we paid difference of £620 and then he advised the balance off my existing booking would be transferred over in next few days, I could log straight onto the booking to select seats, which I’ve done and I will just keep an eye out to make sure the money transfers over.

I do think it’s often down to the operator knowledge at times, this guy clearly didn’t know what to do at first but thankfully rang a colleague for assistance and we got sorted.
Once in a lifetime holiday has now somehow taken place 7 times oops 😀So far weve had the pleasure of staying at: Quality inn **Springhill Suites ** Blue Heron Beach ** Royal Pacific**Pointe Orlando Resort **Fairfield** Vista Cay ** Eagle point** Hard Rock ** and magical Disney Cruises aboard the Wonder, Magic and Fantasy** Where to next...
FRANKLIN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LaraB View Post
So I am on hold for 2 hours and 45 minutes, finally get through and told that I can't transfer my flight only from this August to next August due to flights only coming out 11 months before! When I push and say someone on a forum has done it recently they say they're going to try and find out and put me on hold, then cut me off. I can't stay on the phone for another 3 hours waiting to get through - she had my booking details so could have rang me back if it was a phone issue but hasn't. So I'm stuck
I can understand how you feel I was on hold for over 2 hours and I was asking for a refund the operator told me she would just check something then like you I was disconnected! so I know the feelings you must have had. but I got lucky she rang me back to tell me all had gone through ok.The thought of waiting another 2 hours to get through was a horrible thought.
I hope you manage to get it all sorted for what you want.
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alysond
Apprentice Imagineer

My advice would be as soon as you get through, ask for the full name of the person you`re speaking to and where they`re based, then say if this call cuts off you will ring me back won`t you? Do you have my number just in case? Most calls are now recorded "for training and monitoring purposes" (it used to be my job to listen to the calls and mark the agents on their call handing etc) so if you do get cut off and you`ve asked to be called back they should do so. If they don`t you can make a complaint about it as they`ll have your request logged.
alysond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LaraB
Apprentice Imagineer

LaraB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
When I rang again I found I could change my booking to next August, but only 2 weeks instead of our 3 this year. I wanted to have more of a leisurely holiday so don't want 2 weeks. Our only option now is to hope they cancel and get our money back to book for 2022. Don't know what we'll do if they want us to go this August, it sounds like it's just not going to be a great holiday with all the restrictions and changes.
Lindfields 2008 Coronado Springs 2010,
Lindfields 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2022
LaraB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I phoned Tui this morning to swap our holiday to August 2021. It took about 40 minutes to get to speak to someone. However it took about 50 attempts for the call to connect. The lady I spoke to was really helpful though and feel relieved we have finally sorted it.
Hecky78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPlanner73
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Are you flights also with Tui? We have 3rd party flights with Virgin, booked a TUI package to New York in August this year. I can amend the booking but they only have flights up till April 21. We will have to hold on as we really need summer holidays.