Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 31 May 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Annual pass and off site stay

Guys

Some advice would be much appreciated by those is the know.

The missus and I have decided on a trip in September but need to do it on a budget due to our wedding.

Disney annual passes
I’m seeing talk of non consecutive entries after their first use -I’m guessing this is to stop people from buying them on arrival and saving. if I was to buy an annual pass in the uk say a month before... would I be able to use this consecutively on my first visit or would I have to pay after my first day?

Also hotel Kyriad... any good? We have 5 nights 6 days for 452 including flights which seems decent.

Any info would be as usual greatly appreciated
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Mobile

It's only the Discovery pass which you can't use on day 2 and 3. There's no way to avoid this.

Magic Flex is the next pass up which is fine to use in September.

If you want Extra Magic Time then you'd need to go for Magic Plus or Infinity

All the info on passes is here disneylandparis/en-gb/annual-passes/

Debs
LufcDeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

So the pass will only become valid on its first day of use?

I was under the impression it would become valid the day I received it if I ordered over the phone.

Thanks for the heads up
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GjDisney View Post
So the pass will only become valid on its first day of use?

I was under the impression it would become valid the day I received it if I ordered over the phone.

Thanks for the heads up
You can buy it over the phone, they send a temporary pass which you need to exchange at the park within 6 months. Its valid from the day you exchange it.

Debs
LufcDeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You can order a discovery pass online on the French website. They will post it out to you so it’s valid from date of posting and therefore cancels the 2 day consecutive blockout. We have done this twice before. Also if your AP has a blockout date but you’re staying onsite this is cancelled out.

Kyriad is fine, I stayed there a few years ago and it did the job. It wasn’t dirty or anything, just a bit dated. May have been updated since. The buses to the parks are good.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
You can order a discovery pass online on the French website. They will post it out to you so it’s valid from date of posting and therefore cancels the 2 day consecutive blockout. We have done this twice before. Also if your AP has a blockout date but you’re staying onsite this is cancelled out.

Kyriad is fine, I stayed there a few years ago and it did the job. It wasn’t dirty or anything, just a bit dated. May have been updated since. The buses to the parks are good.
Did you manage to get this on pay monthly through the french website?

I’ve went for this option... an official advisor on the chat who I was transferred too said I’d be able to do so with a uk bank account as long as my bank allowed it. It all went through and I’ve sent off all my details etc after my deposit. I’ll see what happens in the next 2 weeks fingers crossed.

We paid 280 for the kyraid 5 nights 6 days and 190 flights with early going out late coming back. Think that seems ok after some of the quotes I’ve been getting recently.

First time staying off site so will be an experience
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Did you manage to get this on pay monthly through the french website?

I’ve went for this option... an official advisor on the chat who I was transferred too said I’d be able to do so with a uk bank account as long as my bank allowed it. It all went through and I’ve sent off all my details etc after my deposit. I’ll see what happens in the next 2 weeks fingers crossed.

We paid 280 for the kyraid 5 nights 6 days and 190 flights with early going out late coming back. Think that seems ok after some of the quotes I’ve been getting recently.

First time staying off site so will be an experience
No sorry we paid in full, but I have heard of people doing pay monthly with a UK bank account.

I think that’s a great price for 5 nights! Offsite is good, although I do miss being able to walk to the parks.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
No sorry we paid in full, but I have heard of people doing pay monthly with a UK bank account.

I think that’s a great price for 5 nights! Offsite is good, although I do miss being able to walk to the parks.
We’ve stayed at sequoia, New York and the DH and loved them all. I do love watching the night time show... going to down town Disney, character meal bit shopping etc then a small walk to a hotel... always a great end to the night.

I think we’re still going to have a pre drink before the fire works at the hotel Disney... get toasty.

Any idea if it’s possible to walk to the hotel... not sure what time last bus is and wouldn’t mind spending a few late nights have a few drinks at sequoia etc
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve stayed at sequoia, New York and the DH and loved them all. I do love watching the night time show... going to down town Disney, character meal bit shopping etc then a small walk to a hotel... always a great end to the night.

I think we’re still going to have a pre drink before the fire works at the hotel Disney... get toasty.

Any idea if it’s possible to walk to the hotel... not sure what time last bus is and wouldn’t mind spending a few late nights have a few drinks at sequoia etc
I do enjoy the bar at the sequoia! The buses run reasonably late. I think it is walkable to kyriad but it’s not the best walk and takes longer than the Disney hotels. You could always grab an Uber though. There are a few bars in the partner hotels too so you could always have a look at them.
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Quick update on this.

My passes have now arrived on a pay monthly basis so just to confirm you can as long as your bank accepts it pay a deposit and then monthly onward via the french website.

This means if people want a Discovery pass and no black out days after first use you can do so on a pay monthly basis online.

If anyone would like a step by step guide feel free to post here or pm.