blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
The Center Parcs and DLP Bonanza Day 10 - The Early Bird Catches The Turtle

Full trip report index here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/rep...php?userid=332

One thing Davy Crockett Ranch has in common with Center Parcs is The March of the Dads*

This time however, the march is not to collect your car (as you park outside your cabin) but to collect breakfast.

For some reason best known to Mickey DCR's breakfast is a takeaway affair (you need to have bought a package with breakfast included, otherwise you're self catering).

These bad boys are your keys to the DLP world - Magic Passes. They are our park passes, contactless card to retrieve Fastpasses, and contain any credits for meals, such a breakfast.

The cabins are arranged in loops - the story being that back in the days of the pioneers they'd sleep overnight in a circle for protection.

At the end of each loop is a cottage which supplies breakfast from 7am to 11am.

And what a breakfast it is!

5 X croissants (or Cornflakes)
5 X baguettes with butter
5 X juices (orange or apple)
5 X apple purée (nope, me neither)
5 X muesli bars
1 litre of milk
Butter, Nutella, coffee and tea...

...EVERY DAY!

#WeAreGoingToNeedToGetABiggerFridge

After eating a small selection of breakfast items we get to the car park for 8.15am - I don't think we've hit any park (WDW or DLP) as early as this. Second row from the front.

The plan this morning is to hit Disney Studios and do the major attractions during EMH and then hop over to DLP for lunch which is booked for 1.30pm at Cafe Agrabah (my favourite park restaurant).

It's a pretty brisk check in procedure and we're in!

Although the studios were built on a shoestring, they do at least provide an element of theming and show as you arrive.

But why spend your EMH queueing for brekafast? Baffling! 😂😂

This morning was a couple of Disney firsts.

First up was Crush's Coaster, we decided to go single rider and we were on in 10 minutes. A brilliant little coaster which we must do again before we leave.

Then on to Ratatouille. The extension built for Ratatouille is beautiful (it was like being back in Compiegne!).

It's a brilliant ride both technically and from a theming perspective. Think 3D movie but on a trackless ride. So clever, and coming to Epcot France Pavilion soon!

Then after Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Tower (yes, we did all of these before 10.30am) it was on to the Backlot Tour (it's a yawn-fest but Izzie doesn't remember riding it ever and so to watch her face during the Catastrophe Canyon section was a treat!)

We leave Studios and head over to Disneyland. We have a reservation for lunch but a couple of hours to kill.

We snag Fastpasses for BTM for 4pm and onwards to the riverboat cruise. The picture is taken from the top deck, with Phantom Manor in the background.

In DLP Phantom Manor is located in Frontierland and has a different story to WDW. It's also closed as the ride has broken down!

You get a good view of Big Thunder Mountain as you sail by!

We then head over to the dungeon under the castle to visit Old Smiley the dragon. It's a brilliant animatronic and loud enough to make small children cry, which makes me happy 😂

A tradition in DLP is Guest Star Tuesday. Each Tuesday there is a little parade for a lesser-spotted character. This week it's the Three Caballeros...

"Time for lunch?" "Well, if we have to..."

It's a quick step across the plaza to Adventureland and Cafe Agrabah...

The theming again is amazing although no one can tell me this is Will Smith.

The food is best described is Mediterranean to North African. The lamb was amazing.

Baklava for dessert too. If we paid our of pocket for five of us, we wouldn't have seen much change from 160 Euros. Ouch. But this was on the half board deal, so all to the good.

After lunch we have a couple of hours to kill before our BTM Fastpasses. A quick walk around Discoveryland (no such thing as Tomorrowland here) and then back to the central plaza to watch the Jungle Jive Show.

It's a cool show. Mickey and Minnie speak in French and Goofy chats to us in English. Still have no idea what the heck the story was, but the costumes were very ornate

Big Thunder Mountain time and owing to a despatch rider error our party were separated. Or should I say that Harry had the front of his train all time himself.

This version of BTM is simply the best of all the Disney Parks and the only one that goes in a tunnel underwater to arrive on Big Thunder Mesa. A must-do again, we all agree.

That's put a smile on the girls face!

At DLP the 3pm parade is at 5.30pm. Don't ask. It's a beautiful day and we decide to hold out a spot on Main Street to watch it

But please, Disney Dads everywhere, what is the sodding point of standing in the front for the parade and still putting your screaming spawn on your shoulders. For the love of God man!

Oops, looks like Tiana has had a wardrobe malfunction (she wears blue knickers, if you want to know)

Oh yes!

Old Frosty Knickers herself.

A great parade. We decide to head back to Davy Crockett for tea - it's getting on for 6.15pm and we've been on the go for 10 hours!

The peace and tranquility of the resort, especially in the sun, is very welcomed.

The girls want to swim, and Stephane checks us in. He's a real character and has great rapport with the kids.

The pool is the largest on DLP property (except for Villages Nature, which strictly speaking isn't a Disney property). The water is a little cooler than I'd want, but I guess it keeps the visit times down!

Harry is content to sit by the fire outside and consume the free village WiFi.

I can't explain enough how cool Davy Crockett Ranch is...but I guess it's also helped with a dose of good weather which really helps.

Adjacent to the swimming pool is a new spot which we haven't seen before - we may try this out tomorrow afternoon before our late night in Disneyland tomorrow.

Well that's about it for tonight. Paula and I are going to grab a cocktail before bedtime and then lights out.

Thanks for reading. If you have any DLP related questions do ask! Night all!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow what a day! I have been to DLP probably 8 times and haven't tried Cafe Agrabah, maybe I should? Love the breakfast u had, so cool.
Minniefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by blusteryday - 20 Aug 19 7:55 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Looks like a great day. I love the Agrabah cafe.

I’m giggling at poor Tiana and her wardrobe malfunction!
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Poor Tiana - I also notice Elsa blowing you a kiss - she’s obviously heard you do a fab rendition of her theme song 😂

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Poor Tiana - I also notice Elsa blowing you a kiss - she’s obviously heard you do a fab rendition of her theme song 😂
She copied me, I think you'll find

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Fantastic breakfast! The resort looks really cool, and you seemed to get a lot done . What are the wait times like?
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Fantastic breakfast! The resort looks really cool, and you seemed to get a lot done . What are the wait times like?
The wait times by lunchtime are pretty horrible tbh - 110 for BTM anyone? So the best advice is to use EMH and hit the big rides before the parks open for the public.

Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Minniefan View Post
Wow what a day! I have been to DLP probably 8 times and haven't tried Cafe Agrabah, maybe I should? Love the breakfast u had, so cool.
I'd say if you have fussy eaters in your party then they may not enjoy it as much, otherwise it's a better than average experience (food and theming wise) and we didn't leave hungry.

Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Ahhh reading this, and finally getting around to writing up the rest of my trip report is making want to book a trip soooooooooo bad! I'm even rather taken with DCR which I've never considered as an option before!

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List