Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
So they said we have to pay flights. They also said we had to pay new luggage costs but then agreed to waiver them.
Flights will be about £800 one way then hotel costs.
X
Did I miss something here? Was there some reason everyone else couldn’t fly today and you catch up?
Just thought make sure you get in touch with hotels/car hire etc in Florida if you’re arriving later.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Norwegian manager is still awful. He’s saying it cancels it out.

So I need new cheap flights for 3 adults and one child. The virgin one someone said I don’t see it as £1000 return. I see it as £4000 x
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
But if the OP could not see her ESTA by logging into the ESTA site and putting in her details why would Norwegian be able to. It seems to me that whatever happened is beteeen OP and ESTA and how the unpaid July application effected her 2017 ESTA. I’m not sure Norwegian can be blamed here.
Yes I completely misread the OP’s latest post😳 to be fair I’m sure any airline would try and help out as much as possible , if the OP didn’t see the old Esta online then neither would Norwegian . It’s just a shame that the phone call wasn’t made before reapplying , hindsight is a good thing but the OP had to act on what she was told to do , sadly it caused more problems .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Oh that awful... I think there should definitely be a warning. Good to know though Bats, especially as there may be people who are umming and ahhhing over redoing ESTAs to add middle names. They should be aware when starting the process it may invalidate the existing one.
There is a warning which comes up saying you have a valid ESTA do you still want to go ahead with current application. You have to click yes. I imagine given what has happened today is that on the point of clicking yes you cancel out the old ESTA. If you then don't complete the application for any reason which is the case for the OP then you won't have a valid ESTA.

The OP checked via an old email but not on the ESTA system.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Just wanted to say my heart is breaking for you and your family- we fly a week today and i woyld be beside myself if this was us.
Best of luck getting there asap!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Yes I completely misread the OP’s latest post😳 to be fair I’m sure any airline would try and help out as much as possible , if the OP didn’t see the old Esta online then neither would Norwegian . It’s just a shame that the phone call wasn’t made before reapplying , hindsight is a good thing but the OP had to act on what she was told to do , sadly it caused more problems .
The phonecall would not have helped. There was no valid ESTA in place until the OP applied today.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
Norwegian manager is still awful. He’s saying it cancels it out.

So I need new cheap flights for 3 adults and one child. The virgin one someone said I don’t see it as £1000 return. I see it as £4000 x
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Good luck OP, I hope you get sorted ASAP and are able to enjoy your holiday.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post

Think this is per person as when I continue it said 4K 😞
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
Did I miss something here? Was there some reason everyone else couldn’t fly today and you catch up?
Just thought make sure you get in touch with hotels/car hire etc in Florida if you’re arriving later.
Norwegian pushed for the others to go ahead but they decided not to. In the moment I understand you are not thinking clearly but it would have saved them £3,000 +
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List