Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 1 Apr 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile Solo at DLP March 2019 - Final Day

Day 3 can be found here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1121682

Final Day
So unfortunately my final day had arrived. I had to check out by 11am but I’d already packed the night before. So I got up nice and early, packed my last few bits from the room and bid a fond fair well to the Newport Bay Club Hotel.

I left my luggage with bell services and was aware my RS transport pick up for the airport was 16:30. I headed out to the parks to do Fantasyland some justice... however the pull to do ToT and Slinky Dog was just too much and despite getting up early I didn’t make it to the parks until around 10am once I’d got through bag check.

Wow! Was a Saturday in DLP different to what I’d got used to. My ToT was showing 35 minute wait already! And that was according to the dodgy app that had already let me down with wait times. I sprinted over there, and I’d say it was more like a 45 minute wait and they were physically handing out fast passes as the fast pass machine had gone down for ToT. I grabbed a fastpass for later and got in line. I’m so glad I did as this ride just amazing! I definitely do think it’s the better version though I think the staff at WDW ToT are more creepy

As I walked out of the ride, I noticed the wait time for ToT was now 100 minutes 😮 I’m glad I’d got to ride it when I did! And glad I had the foresight to snap up a fast pass. I checked the return time and it was 12:30 at the earliest so I hoped I would make it as it wanted to head the village for lunch and to grab an Earl of Sandwich for the plane. I walked over to Toy story land and slinky dog was showing 80 minute wait. I decided against this as I didn’t want to spend so much time in line for a ride I wasn’t overly fussed on riding.

The sun was lovely today and it was around 20C all day. I wandered through the studios and noticed the next showing of Mickey and the Magician was in 30 minutes so I joined the queue. I LOVED this show and usually I hardly ever go to these type of attractions. It was so well done and not overly cheesy. I thought it was on par with a theatre show you’d pay for at home and was throughly impressed.

I wandered around the shops trying to find a Tinkerbell throw I’d seen online but was sold out. I had no luck finding it though felt I was looking in the wrong park maybe as there seemed to be a lot marvel merch (obviously) and decided to look in World of Disney when I was in the Village. I was tempted to buy the rose gold Mickey ears pandora charm but held off as I had no other rose gold/gold charms on my bracelet and thought it may look odd. Though I do keep on looking at it online.. so maybe I might pick it up when I go to WDW

Pretty soon it was almost time for my ToT fastpass but I’m glad I turned up early as there was actually just a queue to hand your fastpass in. I made a mental note that if I came back I’d do Mon-Fri stay as weekdays are much more civilised I felt a bit sad that this would be my last ride and as I came off it I had that heart sinking feeling that ending a Disney holiday has. I realised then that I had felt the magic this trip as much as people had warned me I might not as I’d already done WDW.

I walked over to the village and I managed to find my Tinkerbell throw! This cheered me up no end as I’d wanted it for ages. I headed to Annette’s for lunch and there was a massive queue... a cast member was telling people there was a substantial wait for tables and they only had spaces for 1 or two at the counter. The queue was all families who were declining but I jumped at the chance. A perk of being solo was walking past the entire queue and being seated immediately

I had a cheeseburger with fries as my last meal plan voucher. I didn’t seem to snap a pic and I think the holiday blues were setting in. However, I did take a pic of my dessert. I think it was called something like ‘The cheesiest cheesecake’ which wasn’t too inspirational but oh my word! It arrived looking amazing and overall with the caramel ice cream and the apple pieces - it tasted just like a toffee apple! And in no time it was time to leave

I headed back to the hotel via the village. I stopped and got a Hawaiian BBQ sandwich from earl of sandwich to have at the airport. I had my transfer booked so just had to collect my luggage. My trip to the airport was uneventful though I did get taken a different route and saw some lovely houses as we went.

I arrived at the airport to be told me seat had been moved. I didn’t mind. I hadn’t paid for a seat selection and although I’d checked in online she advised they had moved me for operational reasons but not to worry it was an upgrade. I was puzzled as I was flying easyJet and wondered if I’d be sat with the pilot She explained that it was front row extra leg room seat - I was more than happy with that.

My flight was uneventful and I was back in Manchester almost before I had chance to settle in. My EOS was nice enough but definitely not a patch on the US version which was disappointing as I thought to would be the same. I had a short trip home via Uber as I couldn’t face the train - I was moping and just wanted to be home at this point so it was expensive but worth it.

Thanks for reading, final thoughts to follow
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
A final day is never a great feeling - you have managed to achieve so much on this trip and to snag a Fp for Tower of Terror then to find that elusive throw must have been a great finale.

Add to that your upgrade to extra legroom seating on the flight home

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful solo escapades and look forward to hearing more about all of your Disney adventures in the future

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
A final day is never a great feeling - you have managed to achieve so much on this trip and to snag a Fp for Tower of Terror then to find that elusive throw must have been a great finale.

Add to that your upgrade to extra legroom seating on the flight home

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful solo escapades and look forward to hearing more about all of your Disney adventures in the future
Thank you so so much for reading along and commenting.

It’s been so nice to share my solo trip and I loved every minute of it. I’ve never done a full WDW report so maybe I will follow this one up with my WDW this year
Old 6 Apr 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Saturdays are crazy busy, aren't they?! Good thinking to snap up a FastPass for Tower of Terror so you could ride twice.

Glad you found your throw. It always feels like a victory when you hunt something down that you have been lusting after at Disney.

That cheesecake sounds amazing!

I don't blame you for jumping in a taxi home, a train with the post Disney blues is no fun.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip, I have really enjoyed reading it. I hope you do write a report for your WDW trip as I like your writing style and would read more!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Saturdays are crazy busy, aren't they?! Good thinking to snap up a FastPass for Tower of Terror so you could ride twice.

Glad you found your throw. It always feels like a victory when you hunt something down that you have been lusting after at Disney.

That cheesecake sounds amazing!

I don't blame you for jumping in a taxi home, a train with the post Disney blues is no fun.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip, I have really enjoyed reading it. I hope you do write a report for your WDW trip as I like your writing style and would read more!
I was so shocked at Saturday crowd levels as I’d been spoiled the rest of the week really!

The cheesecake was amazing and the ice cream was wonderful. I definitely think it was easy overlooked with its name but if I go back I’d definitely be getting another

Thank you so much for reading along and commenting. I’m definitely going to try to do my WDW. I might start a pre trippie nearer the time too.

I have the DxDDP and it will be the Christmas season so trips to MVMCP planned and staying at the most Christmassy resort - Wilderness Lodge
Old 6 Apr 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

That final day is always so tricky. You want to make the most of it but it never quite feels the same, with the notion of a flight or train in the back of your mind.

Glad you got to do your favourite again though. I’m looking forward to trying the DLP version of TOT.

Thanks for sharing. I’ve enjoyed reading it.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkmad82
Looking for my Ears

Just finished reading all about your trip (I just joined the site and this was the first one I saw. Went back to your first day post to catch up on them all), sounds like you had a great time!

Yay for going solo too! I'm so glad you had a great time, all your pictures look amazing. Now to plan for your next one

Thanks for sharing.
Tinkmad82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoyed reading your report, thanks for taking the time to write it. Last days always feel so sad don’t they? It seemed a very busy day too, 100 minute wait for ToT, almost as bad as FoP 😂 We are hoping to go on a Sunday-Thursday trip next year for our first dlp trip, as I think it’s wise to avoid Saturdays 😀

The cheesecake looked amazing. You do seem to have eaten some delicious food at dlp.

So pleased you managed to get the throw you wanted in the end too.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
That final day is always so tricky. You want to make the most of it but it never quite feels the same, with the notion of a flight or train in the back of your mind.

Glad you got to do your favourite again though. I’m looking forward to trying the DLP version of TOT.

Thanks for sharing. I’ve enjoyed reading it.
Ohhhh the DLP version of ToT is the best.. I don’t think the cast members are as good but you will love the ride itself!

Thanks so much for reading along, I’m so glad you enjoyed it
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkmad82 View Post
Just finished reading all about your trip (I just joined the site and this was the first one I saw. Went back to your first day post to catch up on them all), sounds like you had a great time!

Yay for going solo too! I'm so glad you had a great time, all your pictures look amazing. Now to plan for your next one

Thanks for sharing.
Aww so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading

So happy with how my pictures turned out and I’ve had them made into a photobook now which is lovely