Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Tix
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 11 Jun 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
#401
JLH
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 10
My son missed two exams Friday due to bad illness and have had a response from the school as to what will happen grade wise. They have sent the hospital letter I got to the exam board and then the exam board will decide if medical dispensation will be allowed .If so then the grades in both subjects will be aggregated across both papers as he sat the first paper and if not then I guess he has failed. Sixth form wise they have said as long as he gets the required grades for the subjects he wants to do (which thankfully wasn't English or biology) they will allow him to join . Feel a bit better now , I think I will ask if he can resit English in November , even if I have to pay , just because it is a necessary subject . So he cant mess up his Geography or business this week !
__________________
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
unexpected return !
Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
#402
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

 
JoJo88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 08

JoJo88's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
Aaaagh!

Well my daughter just text and said literallly nothing came up on the maths paper that she had revised (as in the topics that were not on paper 1 and 2)

She was predicated 5/6 and she feels that she has now not passed

If she hasnt then they will not let her into sixth form so not quite sure what she will be doing in September

She tries so hard as well, I could cry

Edie
Oh no, poor thing. However she may have done better than she thinks so hopefully shell be okay x
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All over for another year...
Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
#403
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

 
JoJo88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 08

JoJo88's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
My son missed two exams Friday due to bad illness and have had a response from the school as to what will happen grade wise. They have sent the hospital letter I got to the exam board and then the exam board will decide if medical dispensation will be allowed .If so then the grades in both subjects will be aggregated across both papers as he sat the first paper and if not then I guess he has failed. Sixth form wise they have said as long as he gets the required grades for the subjects he wants to do (which thankfully wasn't English or biology) they will allow him to join . Feel a bit better now , I think I will ask if he can resit English in November , even if I have to pay , just because it is a necessary subject . So he cant mess up his Geography or business this week !
Oh blimey, hope it all turns out okay for him. So awful to miss out due to illness.
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All over for another year...
Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
#404
JLH
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 10
Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
Aaaagh!

Well my daughter just text and said literallly nothing came up on the maths paper that she had revised (as in the topics that were not on paper 1 and 2)

She was predicated 5/6 and she feels that she has now not passed

If she hasnt then they will not let her into sixth form so not quite sure what she will be doing in September

She tries so hard as well, I could cry

Edie
my son has just text to say it was awful too and he thinks he's failed too , not sure how he feels but I have had enough now , he left his revision for certain subjects too late and did too little I feel. cant wait to just forget about them and start the worrying again as result day get closer.
__________________
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
unexpected return !
Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
#405
Edie ray
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 13
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
my son has just text to say it was awful too and he thinks he's failed too , not sure how he feels but I have had enough now , he left his revision for certain subjects too late and did too little I feel. cant wait to just forget about them and start the worrying again as result day get closer.
Its such a worry isnt it? my daughter has terrible anxiety and goes to pieces in exams but she has been trying her best

Maybe they have both done better than they think, trying to stay positive

I so look forward to forgetting about all this for a while as well and will get back to worrying nearer results day
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
West Coast 2016
Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#406
Claire020877
Gone all Goofy
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
my son has just text to say it was awful too and he thinks he's failed too , not sure how he feels but I have had enough now , he left his revision for certain subjects too late and did too little I feel. cant wait to just forget about them and start the worrying again as result day get closer.
My daughter texted too and said the maths paper was terrible. She was really hoping for an 8 but now feels like she'll only get a 6 and not be able to take it for A-level. She's worked so hard the last few months and I hate thinking that it was all a waste. She did the Edexcel paper and just said the questions were all really strange and all applied maths

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lowered if they all found it hard.

Claire
Claire020877 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
PBH & AKL holiday :)
Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#407
Leanne1977
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 05

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Claire020877 View Post
My daughter texted too and said the maths paper was terrible. She was really hoping for an 8 but now feels like she'll only get a 6 and not be able to take it for A-level. She's worked so hard the last few months and I hate thinking that it was all a waste. She did the Edexcel paper and just said the questions were all really strange and all applied maths

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lowered if they all found it hard.

Claire
My son also thought it was a hard paper and he is predicted 8/9 too. He said he thinks he did ok but not as good as the other two papers. Its always paper 3 that he struggles with.
__________________

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christmas time at Disneyland Paris
Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#408
Leanne1977
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 05

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
Aaaagh!

Well my daughter just text and said literallly nothing came up on the maths paper that she had revised (as in the topics that were not on paper 1 and 2)

She was predicated 5/6 and she feels that she has now not passed

If she hasnt then they will not let her into sixth form so not quite sure what she will be doing in September

She tries so hard as well, I could cry

Edie
Has the 6th form said she wont be allowed to go without Maths? My sons 6th form allows students to do resits of maths and English alongside their other studies. So dont be upset just yet xx
__________________

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christmas time at Disneyland Paris
Reply With Quote
Reply
Discount Florida Car Hire

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Attraction Tickets Direct

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TravelPlanners

theDIBB Menu

Florida Tix

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2251
CaxtonFX  $1.2145
Covent Garden FX  $1.2299
FAIRFX  $1.2150
John Lewis  $1.2257
M&S  $1.2012
Post Office  $1.2191
Sainsburys  $1.2255
TESCO  $1.2249
Travelex  $1.2243
Updated: 21:30 16/09/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1064
CaxtonFX  €1.1038
Covent Garden FX  €1.1134
FAIRFX  €1.1040
John Lewis  €1.1091
M&S  €1.0871
Post Office  €1.1004
Sainsburys  €1.1078
TESCO  €1.1061
Travelex  €1.1057
Updated: 21:30 16/09/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Mon 16th Sep 4:48pm
Now: 33C/91F
Light Rain
Light Rain
Cloud Cover: 1%
Rainfall: 0.25mm
Wind: 10mph - NW Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1013mb
Humidity: 52%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 20:29 16/09/2019