Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 May 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Saratoga Springs Remodel - Nothing Yet. Update ref Date

Firstly don't hold your breath and get excited by this post!

I made a lot of enquiries whilst out there over the last 3 weeks about the renovation/remodeling work and this is all I can find out.

The bottom line is nobody knows when it's starting and that includes Managers!

This is what I was told:-
  • It's starting in June or July - No it wont be as they aren't onsite yet.
  • It's scheduled to last 3 to 4 years - That's right in my view.
  • They started ripping walls down in the Carousel block - I went to look and no they aren't as no skips, no noise and no drag marks anywhere where dry walling would cause a mess.
  • The huge 'high backed' chairs in the centre of the lobby are gone - Correct, the info is they aren't coming back as that area is to be gutted. I think that's right.
  • The Grandstand children's wet play area is still shut nearly 3 months after the work started - Disney shouldn't accept the lowest tender! It's a mess.
  • All the rooms will have wooden flooring but the bedrooms in 1 bed, 2 bed etc will be carpeted - Confirmed that's as per the test rooms.
  • They are still touching up the paintwork in lots of places including the lifts, that to me means nothing is imminent.
  • The main chatter is Congress Park will be first as that's the oldest.

My gut feeling is we won't see much this side of Xmas. Sad to say the rooms are now decidedly shabby and need urgent work. Thankfully the grounds are stunning.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 05:16 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Good post thanks Tom.

Did they give any indication as to any work being done on the main building outside the lobby- restaurants, bar etc? I may be expecting too much.
Shame about the splash area if you have young kids, you expect this to be done ASAP.
Looks like I won't be back for 3-4 years then !
Glad to hear the grounds are at the usual level.
I believe once the rooms are done if they could just enhance the bar and restaurant offerings it would be a hard to beat resort unless you want parks on the doorstep.
I expect the Skyline or another transport option will come down there in the next 10 years.
Old 27 May 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Good post thanks Tom.

Did they give any indication as to any work being done on the main building outside the lobby- restaurants, bar etc? I may be expecting too much.
Shame about the splash area if you have young kids, you expect this to be done ASAP.
Looks like I won't be back for 3-4 years then !
Glad to hear the grounds are at the usual level.
I believe once the rooms are done if they could just enhance the bar and restaurant offerings it would be a hard to beat resort unless you want parks on the doorstep.
I expect the Skyline or another transport option will come down there in the next 10 years.
YT. The chatter is a huge remodel of the old Institute area that is now the Turf Club etc.

This is going to cost $ Millions so I am forecasting 5 years of annual dues increases to pay for it, plus of course the above inflation increases as well.

They should be producing food and other dining offerings that rival Disney Springs. Sadly they aren't. Pretty poor in my view and smacks of indifference and incompetence.

How come my food is better in UC on Virgin than the Turf Club can produce. Disgraceful.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
YT. The chatter is a huge remodel of the old Institute area that is now the Turf Club etc.

This is going to cost $ Millions so I am forecasting 5 years of annual dues increases to pay for it, plus of course the above inflation increases as well.

They should be producing food and other dining offerings that rival Disney Springs. Sadly they aren't. Pretty poor in my view and smacks of indifference and incompetence.

How come my food is better in UC on Virgin than the Turf Club can produce. Disgraceful.
In some ways Tom I wouldn't mind paying more for it.
Old 28 May 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

We were there in March and certainly the rooms look very tired when we return in July we had initially booked SSR but have now changed to OKW. Spoke to CMs who were very vague about the schedule ideally the sooner the better as I suspect it will take several years to complete. Will also be reflected in an increase in annual dues.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

We were in Congress Park this trip (just got back) and it was a bit shabby with bits and bobs that needed fixing (the hair dryer fell off and the tv stopped working) but still clean and the grounds like you say are wonderful. I was happy to overlook it all though as we booked a standard studio and got a dedicated two bed preferred apartment! 😮
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Unfortunately all DVC get run down to an unacceptable standard before refurb. Beach Club, OKW, were both well last their sell by date before their refurbs, now Wilderness Lodge Boulder Ridge isn’t great , SSR is the worst at the moment as it was still on the old refurb schedule and is way past refurb due date IMO. That is why I won’t stop there now until it’s done. Another problem they have it’s so huge as Tom says it’s a 3-4 year job- imagine how the last to be done rooms will be in 4 years! Boulder Ridge isn’t fantastic now and when it’s redone in circa 2 years (if not put back) it will be really due a refurb.
Old 28 May 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I sent an E Mail to the SSR General manager earlier to commend a certain Cast Member.

I made a comment about the rooms being shabby.

This is the part of the response I received:-

'Our room Re-Imagining will begin in 17 days, and you are absolutely correct that Congress Park is our starting point'.

Mmm, I stand corrected ref Xmas!

Old 28 May 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I sent an E Mail to the SSR General manager earlier to commend a certain Cast Member.

'Our room Re-Imagining will begin in 17 days, and you are absolutely correct that Congress Park is our starting point'.

Breaking news that Tom, well done.
Old 28 May 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

That's got me a bit worried if CP is the first and we go in July

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List