Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Aug 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Dining plan help please!

Hi
I’m going to book port Orleans riverside and this will be first time having the dining plan. I’m tempted to upgrade to the next one up but I need some help please. When it says table service do you have choices or is it anything on the menu? When I look at Disney menus on their website it doesn’t specify. Thanks xx
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

It's pretty much everything on the menu. If there are any exclusions (and there are very few in just a handful of restaurants), then your server will tell you what they are when they seat you

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We upgraded to DDP but I wouldn't do it again, unless you're a big fan of character meals. We found it was just too much food every day and the tips added more than $300 to our expenses (2a2teens).
There's loads of variety on QSDP and that's what we'll go for next time.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

You have full choice apart from starters! Just mains and desserts... think sides aren’t included either ! We have upgraded from QS as we like a sit down meal and would’ve paid for food onsite anyways - worked out £170 upgrade for 2a for 5 days , we thought it was a no brainier for us! Depends on your eating habits though I suppose😊
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I would look at your plans/ needs before definitely upgrading, we actually upgraded Hotel but it was only for a week & having done a full 3 weeks on DDP swore we'd never do that long again! Even that week has affected our plans though as we have had to plan around eating in Disney for those nights. DS & DSGF have upgraded at POR but even there there's nights that we will be eating offsite, myself & DW, that he can't come he's got credits to use up! I actually think that the QSplan is less restrictive & probably easier to use up the credits but it's all down to how you want to eat
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The only things I can recall you can’t order (have has the regular dining plan about 8 times now), are obviously all the appetisers (you can pay for them), lobster tails when they are an add on and huge size steaks and the latter was some years ago now. I’m trying to remember where but can’t sorry. Basically 99.9% of the mains and desert menu is available. 100% in most places. I would say whilst TS food quality and value is rapidly decreasing, Disney are recently really upping their game with QS meals.
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I upgraded when I stayed at POFQ last year and regretted it as I struggled to eat in the heat. So I used some TS credits on QS meals. I'm staying at POFQ again next year and sticking with QS as I love the food in the food court.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I upgraded when I stayed at POFQ last year and regretted it as I struggled to eat in the heat. So I used some TS credits on QS meals. I'm staying at POFQ again next year and sticking with QS as I love the food in the food court.
I agree with this, it's difficult to manage the amount of food in the searing heat! I changed quite a few of our ADR's to signatures while there just so we could have some days off from TS as we were rarely hungry enough for a big meal. The trouble is because you have the DDP you feel obliged to use all your credits so you get the best value from it (or I did anyway!) by the end of our trip we had a ridiculous amount of QS credits left over which we used at Ghiradelli and to pay for other peoples food!
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think whether the heat affects your appetite is an individual thing. We can often walk 20,000 steps in a day so I find I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner as normal. Besides, I don’t find TS portions any bigger than QS, often they’re smaller.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ozzyowl1 View Post
I agree with this, it's difficult to manage the amount of food in the searing heat! I changed quite a few of our ADR's to signatures while there just so we could have some days off from TS as we were rarely hungry enough for a big meal. The trouble is because you have the DDP you feel obliged to use all your credits so you get the best value from it (or I did anyway!) by the end of our trip we had a ridiculous amount of QS credits left over which we used at Ghiradelli and to pay for other peoples food!
The DDP and QSDP provide the same amount of meal and snack credits. It is just that the DDP provides a TS and a QS instead of two QS.

The TS meal may include a dessert at lunch or dinner, but the meal itself will generally be much smaller than a QS meal so balances out. We don't usually take the dessert anyway, so for us probably QS plan would be more food than we require. Heat makes no difference to our appetites whatsoever.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List