Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Aug 14, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

DLP is a buggy a necessity for a four year old, esp in cold weather

Hi guys and gals

Would you recommend we take a pushchair/buggy for our niece who would have just turned four for our trip in nov.

my brother (who has never experienced disney) says she is able to walk all day and should not be pushed around in a buggy.

however as seasoned disney holidayers we know how many miles walking get eaten up walking around the parks and are concerned she will get tired, cold and grouchy during the day and get too tired and then wont be ok to stay wait and watch dreams, when we took her sister in sept 2012 she was six and found it tiring. They are used to going to bed strictly at 7pm every night.

please can people let know the average amount of miles walked around dlp in a day and their buggy experiences for four year olds so I can try explain to my brother how she could use one at the end of each day waiting for dreams snuggled in warm fleece blanket and being pushed back to hotel cheyenne.

thanks
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Squeezelou
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We took the buggy to DLP for our then four year old, it was definatly needed. Our then nine year old also kept sitting in it! Definitely take it! We are considering taking the one that's been in the loft two years on our wdw trip and she will have just turned 6!

DLP Newport Bay Club Aug 2010
DLP Disneyland Hotel Oct 2012
WDW Villa Nov 2014
WDW Rosen Hotel May 2018
Squeezelou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We. Took a buggy for our 4 year old but hadnt considered that because she was sitting still rather than walking she got much colder than we did. I would encourage as much walking as possible as moving will keep her warmer.

Definitely take a blanket for when she is in the buggy.

We may have been unlucky but our November trip was very cold.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

100% i would say a buggy is needed. We went to WDW last year and my nephew who was 4/5 had a buggy and he was in it most the time. My other nephew who was 7 used it as well and one evening while watching the fireworks at Epcot we hired a park stroller for him.
It is very tiring for us so imagine how they must feel.
Perhaps say to your brother that if there is no buggy you can pretty much guarantee he will be carrying her most the time, especially in queues. Also use the argument that its somewhere to put bags
If they haven't got a buggy anymore they only need to get a cheap one that way they can then leave it there.
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

I think you'll be averaging about 10 miles walking around the parks (this was what google threw up but I think thats based on the WDW parks)
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

thanks for your help, my brother is not coming with us so will take one with us and will say it is "for bags" (good plan) and then if she does get tired she can hop on in it for a rest.

Don't think my brother really gets how you can walk so many miles around a theme park. lol
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

If he is still reluctant to let you take the buggy then I would most definitely pick up a cheap buggy or see if you can find a bargain on ebay.
There is no doubt that she will want to be in the buggy most the time, especially as the holiday goes on.
Old 28 Aug 14, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

We took one for our 6 yr old last yr.
Long days and big crowds meant it was easier to get thro the day...it's so much easier than having a whinging child...and as others say it's not a "normal" day.

You can always leave it somewhere for a couple of hrs if you got sick of pushing it around.

If your brother isn't going he doesn't get a say as he doesn't have to deal with it
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ShuGray
Imagineer

We've always taken one and DD is now 4. Next year I'll have a 6 month old in a travel system but taking the buggy board as I know she'll be shattered. I wouldn't hesitate taking one. My Mum is an avid anti pushchair person for kids over 3 but even she thinks you need one for Disney parks as it's such a long day. DD was fine until about 3pm then flagged big time. She ended up passing out in Walts in hers last year 2 mins after we'd ordered, woke up refreshed and then enjoyed her meal which they'd saved for her.
Old 29 Aug 14, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Thelostprincess
Excited about Disney

Thelostprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would say yes! You do a lot of walking, even my legs were killing me at the end of the day.. I would of jumped in a push chair given the chance haha
Thelostprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread