Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Sep 16, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mollsmam
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 14
I was at work, my job was PA to the CEO who was in our New York office when it happened. Lots of frantic calls from his wife and children asking if we had heard anything until he finally managed to get through hours later, thankfully ok. We got married 3 days later and I remember stopping the car on the way to the registery office in order to observe the 2 minute silence.
Mollsmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Clearwater for me. On a jetski when the first planes struck on our very last day in Florida, having spent 1 - 6 Sep at WDW. Having got back to our rooms from the jetskis we were about to depart when we saw the news.. then had that room for about another 5 days. May sound great but we just wanted to get home. More so when we had a gale come in. Felt like the whole world had turned upside down and a total contrast to those first days at Epcot and MK when we'd also just beaten Germany 5-1 in the football.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was at school. Think I was in year 11 and one of my classmates came in and said that 2 aeroplanes had crashed into the Twin towers. I didn't know what they were. Got home and turned the tv on. So so sad. Remember that day so so clearly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

I was on the bus to work from college with my friend and we arrived at work (travel agents) in fits of giggles because a woman on the bus had been trying to get a wasp off of her and we thought it was hilarious. Soon sobered up when we were told but didn't really understand until that evening when I saw the news.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

My Mum and I were out shopping in Romford in the morning, son was at school, DH at work. Came home, kettle on put TV on and stood there open mouthed as I watched the plane hit the tower. Both Mum and I sat watching it all unfold and I remember feeling very unsettled. Phone hubby at work and he had heard about it too. Son came home from school, I just wanted all my family with me.
I still feel everything changed that day, the world suddenly didn't feel safe anymore.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

That was in my antique dealing days. We had our own marquee at the Ardinley antique show. I could hear people saying the world's biggest terrorist attack and I phoned Dh to get the info. 15 minutes later I phoned again. He still hadn't put the news on!
We had issues with bank transfers from America for a few days.
Nothing compared to those poor people affected by this. Peace to them and their families.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

I was at work when my bosses wife rang to tell him - we put the radio on & we were all huddled around it in the office...
When I got home I watched it with tears streaming - a terrible day
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

I was at work, my sis rang to tell me, she was on mat leave. We put the tv on in the conference room as the first tower collapsed. Horrendous.
A girls in the office's sister was living and working in New York and they didn't get hold of her until 1am xx

Edited at 08:42 PM.
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scenicafc
Getting Excited

I can remember as clear as anything. We were on holiday in Ibiza with my oldest who was 2.5 at the time and our friends with their 2yr old. We were having a lovely relaxing lunch in a little café on the beach. It had sky Tv and having been there a few years earlier before have children we know it showed sky movies. We thought we they were showing a Die Hard type movie. Couldn't believe it when someone said it was actually real news footage. We were due to fly home 3 days later, and were told that were may not be able to fly home as all flights around the world were grounded. The day of departure came, the rep still didn't know whether our flight was actually going to come in from the UK and then take us back. We had to go to the airport - the would let you take anything other than one very small bag on the plane, which when you have babies is virtually impossible. I have never been more scare of flying in my life, the women in front of us had a panic attack - I've never liked flying, but that's never left me. I still cry on take off and landing, and normally am ill with an IBS attach before we fly.

4 months earlier in May my brother and his girlfriend (now is wife) had gone to NY. He had to go for work and she tallied along He actually worked at Reuters in the WTC. They even had an early breakfast in the restaurant at the top.

So many people lost their lives that day - such a terrible loss.

2007 - Davenport Lakes - 2 x 40th Birthdays
2013 - Lindfields - For the fun of it!
2017 - Indian Creek - 2 x 50th Birthdays,1 x 18th & 21st Wed Anniv.!
2022 - Indian Creek 25th Wedding Anniversary & 1 x 18th - RESCHEDULED

Edited at 08:53 PM.
scenicafc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JEMS
VIP Dibber

I was at home ironing in front of the TV when the news flash came up. I watched Sky news and saw the horror of the second tower being hit as it happened. Heart stopping to watch those people jumping out of windows. Watched hours of news footage that day. Unbelievably sad to watch.

Econolodge 1994, DLP Santa Fe 1998, DLP Day Trip 2001, DLP Offsite 2004, Glenbrook 2008, DLP Davy Crockett 2010, Sunridge Woods 2011, DLP Davy Crockett 2013, Esprit 2016
JEMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread