Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Oct 21, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Beware lightning lanes

It is now being reported that disney put up inflated weight times for standard ques in order to increase the sales of their new addons like lightning lanes
Sometimes they are being reported as being 3 or 4 times longer than they actually are to make guest feel like they have made a good purchase
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
It is now being reported that disney put up inflated weight times for standard ques in order to increase the sales of their new addons like lightning lanes
Sometimes they are being reported as being 3 or 4 times longer than they actually are to make guest feel like they have made a good purchase
Hi, this topic has been discussed on other genie+ threads already.

Edited at 05:59 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Wowza this is disgusting! The more im reading the more I am considering cancelling. Has it lost its magic 🥺
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Discussed to death on many threads and extremely unlikely to be true.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Oh I very much believe it , maybe not 3 or 4 times higher but definitely not accurate wait times…. It’s just a business ploy and I can remember very well here in the UK both Alton Towers and Thorpe Park doing the same.
Infact remember one trip to Thorpe Park there were staff outside the entrance to the Saw attraction trying to sell fast track tickets for £5 each … and looking at the Q all waiting in the outside pens people were buying them .
Having 3 children with us we went into the regular Q prepared to wait to 70 minute posted time, only to find the Q was being held outside to make it look longer ! The entire inside area was empty ! …. We got on the ride in less the 15 minutes .
We fully expected Disney to do this , we may not like it but at the end of the day they are a business trying to make up lost revenue .
Don’t agree with it but do understand it.
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Oh I very much believe it , maybe not 3 or 4 times higher but definitely not accurate wait times…. It’s just a business ploy and I can remember very well here in the UK both Alton Towers and Thorpe Park doing the same.
Infact remember one trip to Thorpe Park there were staff outside the entrance to the Saw attraction trying to sell fast track tickets for £5 each … and looking at the Q all waiting in the outside pens people were buying them .
Having 3 children with us we went into the regular Q prepared to wait to 70 minute posted time, only to find the Q was being held outside to make it look longer ! The entire inside area was empty ! …. We got on the ride in less the 15 minutes .
We fully expected Disney to do this , we may not like it but at the end of the day they are a business trying to make up lost revenue .
Don’t agree with it but do understand it.
Exactly,we’ve just got to put up with it unfortunately,and for those that will say we should vote with our feet - I’d rather go to WDW with the additional rubbish than never go again just to prove a point

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

I have no intention of paying for Genie anyway so if the wait times are inflated that would be a bonus in my view!
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Indeed, no one has to pay extra for anything. I personally was surprised it was free for as long as it was.
We might use it , will see when we get there. We did use Maxpass in California at the end of 2019 and utterly loved it , was totally worth what we paid .
So we will see
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I watched a Kyle Pallo vlog recently, he did MK and basically found most standby queues were inflated by anything from 5 minutes up to about 15 minutes.

Official answer will be crowd numbers fluctuate meaning its not always accurate
Unofficial answer: Yeah probably a bit fudged..who knows..and unless some cast member gets sacked and has an axe to grind we will never know.

The only way to see if there is a genuine error with how they calculate it, would be to go to stand by with say an advertised time of 60 minutes. If you got to it in 40 minutes, meaning theres 20 minutes going spare, you would imagine after leaving the ride, or certainly in the period after and beyond, you would expect to see that Standby time drop..if it dosen't, then theres probably your answer.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I’ve always found the wait times to be inflated though, I think folk are just finding anything to complain about. Anyone found that they actually waited the predicted time?