UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 25 Oct 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
U.K. trip - this past weekend

We live in Liverpool, and this past weekend decided to head down to Legoland for 2 nights with a 4 year old and 10 week old.

With the journey down we decided to have a stop near Warwick which included a visit to Warwick Castle.

Then on the way back we went via Cadbury’s World in Birmingham which we had tickets from Christmas.

Amazing weekend 3 nights / 4 days.

If anyone has any questions or would like a blog on it then would be happy to answer or write up.
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip, would love to hear more about Cadbury World - somewhere we haven’t been before.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Sounds like you had a fantastic trip, would love to hear more about Cadbury World - somewhere we haven’t been before.
Of course. Will do a post on it…. But it was much more than we expected. Got there at 1200hrs (1215 was our booking) and we left at 1700hrs. Full 5 hours of exploring.

Tour was great fun, 4D experience fantastic and meeting the characters was good fun (30 min slots for each).

Wasn’t the best weather for the outside bit, but DS still loved it, especially the play areas.

Food area nice and shop was great…
Old 26 Oct 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
We live in Liverpool, and this past weekend decided to head down to Legoland for 2 nights with a 4 year old and 10 week old.

With the journey down we decided to have a stop near Warwick which included a visit to Warwick Castle.

Then on the way back we went via Cadbury’s World in Birmingham which we had tickets from Christmas.

Amazing weekend 3 nights / 4 days.

If anyone has any questions or would like a blog on it then would be happy to answer or write up.
What did you think of Warwick - we used to go quite often and I think the last time was at Halloween - I hope you enjoyed it .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
nhyw
Very Serious Dibber

nhyw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
We also love Legoland in Windsor and generally think it's underrated.

Windsor Hills Retreat Luxury Vacation Home
Located at Windsor Hills Resort, Kissimmee, Florida
www.windsorhillsretreat.com
Luxury 6 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom Home with South Facing Pool, Spa and Games Room
Click here to see our Dibb advert or for more photos see our website
State of Florida Resort Dwelling License no. #DWE5917028
nhyw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
What did you think of Warwick - we used to go quite often and I think the last time was at Halloween - I hope you enjoyed it .
Warwick Castle was fantastic. Unfortunately, we were unable to get there until 1pm with the place closing at 4pm so didn't manage to spend as much time and do it justice.

We had beautiful weather and DS loved exploring the castle and the grounds wearing his knight outfit. Athough the steps up to one of the towers was interesting... as I carried DS (4) and DW carried DS2 (10 weeks). Not surprised there is a defib at the top.

We are definitely going to go back next summer for a full day and enjoy the entertainment!
Old 27 Oct 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by nhyw View Post
We also love Legoland in Windsor and generally think it's underrated.
DS enjoyed Legoland and his first big ride was 'Flight of the Sky Lion'. He didn't want to go on Duplo Dino Coaster... but enjoyed the Submarine ride, Ninjago, Cars (albeit too slow) and Coastguard HQ.

The hotel was fantastic. We were very happy to see the min disco in the hotel... DS loved it. Kept him entertained in the evening...
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Warwick Castle was fantastic. Unfortunately, we were unable to get there until 1pm with the place closing at 4pm so didn't manage to spend as much time and do it justice.

We had beautiful weather and DS loved exploring the castle and the grounds wearing his knight outfit. Athough the steps up to one of the towers was interesting... as I carried DS (4) and DW carried DS2 (10 weeks). Not surprised there is a defib at the top.

We are definitely going to go back next summer for a full day and enjoy the entertainment!
Glad you enjoyed it I can recommend the glamping if you fancy it but there is something about Warwick that kept us returning - the horrible histories they do there is really good too and the firing of the trebouche is worth a watch as well

Edited at 08:39 PM.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Glad you enjoyed it I can recommend the glamping if you fancy it but there is something about Warwick that kept us returning - the horrible histories they do there is really good too and the firing of the trebouche is worth a watch as well
We did the maze…. Is that the histories thing?

Didn’t get to see the firing of it.

We stayed at M40 jc 15 hotel. Was nice enough and only a few mins away.

Glamping sounds good. Is that actually at the castle?
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

We did the maze…. Is that the histories thing?

Didn’t get to see the firing of it.

We stayed at M40 jc 15 hotel. Was nice enough and only a few mins away.

Glamping sounds good. Is that actually at the castle?
The horrible histories thing used to be throughout the summer - I’m not sure if they still do it but gave the children a card to find a certain item on each horrible histories part of the castle - which was an interactive display with actors brining to life different periods in history - they had a medieval version of the operation game with medieval instruments and it made sure you visited most of the castle .
The glamping is on site .
It’s daily travel for us - just about but we did stay once for glamping and once at a premier inn in Warwick when we combined it with Bosworth for sons history - that was worth a trip too as we wanted to stay for the Halloween stuff which I’d also recommend .The headless horseman was good and part of the castle became a walkthrough and the Kingmaker a plague pit . I think that was the last time we went but we got different things from it as our son got older - oh forgot to say about the dungeon - poor DH singled out on two occasions- good fun .

Edited to say - I’ve just googled the maze - I wonder if that’s a replacement for the other HH stuff - it was there when we last went .I thought it was because of the time of year .
Check the website next year - they sometimes do concerts in the summer too .

Edited at 07:38 AM.