Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Oct 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Virgin announces new menus

From virgin Atlantic press release:

‘ Elevated services in Upper Class with enhanced choice of starters and desserts
Re-start of Supper service and signature Extra Bite Burger, cocktails and barista style coffees
New antipasti plates and enhanced desserts in Premium, as well as the reintroduction of hot chocolate service across all cabins
Further steps towards a more sustainable in-flight service with the introduction of wine in cans from emerging UK start-up, Nice Drinks for Premium and Economy
As Virgin Atlantic ramps up services to popular destinations such as San Francisco and Cape Town, the airline has evolved its onboard options with new Autumn menus including the re-introduction of some Upper Class favourites as well as all new sustainable wine in cans for Premium and Economy – all available on board this month.

Following the restart of passenger flying in July 2020, the airline simplified its service onboard to minimise interaction between customers and crew, since then service has been expanded progressively. The updates this month mark another step in delivering award-winning in-flight offerings whilst ensuring health and safety remains top of mind.

Upper Class customers will see the return of Virgin Atlantic’s famous cocktails and barista style coffees, Supper service and Extra Bite menu, as well as enhanced menu options. New starters available include a pear and Waldorf salad or smoked duck breast followed by a main choice of braised pork cheek, roasted trout fillet or vegan spiced cauliflower pie.

Premium updates see new antipasti plate as a starter followed by an autumnal venison stew, spicy jerk chicken or vegan penne Bolognese and finally a delicious dessert option of a New York style cheesecake. Customers looking for a warming mid-flight pick me up will also be pleased to learn that the hot chocolate service has returned across all cabins.

As part of Virgin Atlantic’s commitment to reducing waste, Premium and Economy customers will be trialling the service of Nice Drinks Sauvignon Blanc or Argentinian Malbec as part of the complementary wine service. The cans are 100% recyclable, plastic free and a more sustainable, lighter weight option than wine bottles. Nice Drinks will be available on board from late October.

Corneel Koster, Chief Customer and Operating Officer at Virgin Atlantic commented: “At Virgin Atlantic we know that the travelling experience is about so much more than just getting from A to B. As restrictions continue to ease and customers return to the skies, we’ve introduced some exciting new Autumn menu options, and reintroduced onboard favourites and little touches that make all the difference in enhancing the flying experience for our customers. We’re also proud to be making changes in line with our commitment to offering a more sustainable service, by trialling recyclable wine in cans from Nice Drinks.

“Those joining us on board for the first time since the pandemic can rest assured knowing that health and safety remains top of mind, ensuring that everyone flies safe and well with Virgin Atlantic. We cannot wait to welcome our customers back on board, flying them safely and in style, on a well-deserved holiday or to reunite and reconnect with loved ones, colleagues, business partners or customers”.

NEW MENU UPDATES

(Based on menus for UK outbound flights. All menus across the network showcase a refreshed range and vary per route.)

New Upper Class Menu:

Welcome champagne and snacks
- Including full bar service and the reintroduction of cocktails and barista style coffeesr

Dine service
Starters

Pear Waldorf Salad, baby pear, toasted sunflower seeds and loverage leaves (v)
Smoked duck breast, fennel and dill salad, Seville orange marmalade and crostini
Entree

Braised pork cheek, cauliflower purée, potato fondant, kale and red wine jus
Roasted fillet of trout, chickpea masala, Gujarati green beans, red pepper pakoras and creamy curry sauce
Vegan spiced cauliflower, spinach and lentil pastry pie, sautéed Lyonnaise potatoes, garden vegetables and herb gravy (ve)
Plus regionally inspired dishes on specific routes
Desserts

Lemon and coconut dome, coconut cream and freeze dried raspberries
Wensleydale with cranberry, cheddar, chutney, grapes and crostini
A night flight supper service
Cream of tomato soup, served with a warm double cheese toastie (v)
Extra Bite Service
Eric Lanlard Mile High Tea

Mozzarella, artichoke and lemon basil mayonnaise in a mini malted roll and harissa chickpea and red pepper wrap
Scone, clotted cream and strawberry jam; Lemon posset éclair, passionfruit tart and blackberry and bay macaron
Burger

Buttermilk chicken burger, red cabbage slaw and crisps + chocolate gateau
Mezze

Kuku sabzi, baby artichoke, sundried tomato, lemon zest marinated olives, with a tabbouleh and pomegranate salad + Rose financier
New Premium Menu

Restart of welcome drinks
New antipasti plate
Feta, pea and herb frittata bite with olive tapenade and sun dried tomato (v)
Entree
Venison stew, wild garlic new potatoes and braised red cabbage
Spicy jerk chicken, rice and beans, with sweetcorn chilli salsa
Vegan penne Bolognese (ve)
Dessert
New York cheesecake
Snacks
Refreshed range of Wander Wall self-serve snack options including new Creative Nature 14 allergens free fruit bar
New Economy Options

Entree
Chicken butternut squash pasta
Thai green vegetables curry
Dessert
Cheese & crackers
Pots & Co Dessert Pot (ve)
For further information or to book please visit virginatlantic’
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Are the cream teas still going to be a thing?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Looks good, I wonder if the pre ordering service is making a comeback too?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

That’s good news. When we flew in August/October it was a noticeably simplified menu similar to Premium.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

This is the UC menu that we had at the beginning of the month, we had champagne on boarding and I had...

Pear Waldorf Salad, baby pear, toasted sunflower seeds and loverage leaves

Braised pork cheek, cauliflower purée, potato fondant, kale and red wine jus

Lemon and coconut dome, coconut cream and freeze dried raspberries

I'm sure I took pics, will check phone..

What I don't remember, was Barista style coffee though, but may have forgotten!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 12:14 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Cant say the upper class menu appeals to me sorry
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
Cant say the upper class menu appeals to me sorry
Nor me either 😳
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Pork, Trout or Vegetables. Is that the entire mains UC offering? Surely not. The PE menu sounds better to me as I don't eat Pork or Trout.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

None of it sounds very appetising to me.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

If thats the menu when I go then it will be my first time with a Boots meal deal in UC...

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List