Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 2 Nov 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
elisjecharmed
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Does anyone has experience with a bus tour to Kennedy space centre

I am planning our disneymoon in January.

Husband really want to go to the Kennedy space centre. We are staying in universal cabana bay beach resort for the first week of our holiday and are planning to go to ksc from there.

Does any of you have any experience with the tickets direct bus tour or any other form of bus transportation? Where is the bus pick up point at universal?

Car hire seems very expensive. And I don't feel comfortable sitting in a uber for that amount of time. Plus uber rates are 80 dollars for a one way trip.

Thank you.
elisjecharmed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I can't help, but we're looking at doing the same next year, so would be interested to hear others experiences too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PopAlways
Excited about Disney

We went in December 2019. We booked with Attraction Tickets. We were onsite at Pop so our pick up was from the Swan. They have various pick up points in the area.

We stopped at two other places where people had made their way from various accommodation.

Absolutely fantastic, couldn’t recommend it highly enough. It was really well organised, the driver was knowledgable. We had a nice tour when we got there with a guy who had actually worked there.

The only disappointment of the day was that the SpaceX rocket that was due to launch on the day we visited didn’t go until later. 😁

Edited at 11:00 AM.
PopAlways is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I know this is ancient history, but we did it in 1996 - I think we booked through the Thomson's rep - We didnt have a car that visit and they actually laid on transport for us to go to the welcome meeting in Splendid China and we booked up then.

Anyway I digress - I remember a very early start being picked up from Carribean Beach Reception, then a long journey. The driver gave us a lot of info and pointed out things along the way. Unfortunately, when we arrived the driver found that the KSC had made a decision not to open that day due to the expected Hurricane Bertha. Obviously mobile phones were not common, so he had no idea till we got there and we had to turn round and go back. We got a full refund.

I would recommend it though, as it was an easy day to plan and included (at that time) all the attractions that you would need.
Old 2 Nov 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LightsaberJulia
New Poster (2)

We did this in 2019, booked via ATD. We were picked up on I-Drive just behind the Orlando Wheel. We were the last pickup in the morning which was great, but the last drop-off on the way back which wasn't so great but overall was well worth it.
LightsaberJulia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I did this in 2017. I think I might have booked through Klook (can't quite remember) but the actual tour operator was Florida Dolphin tours.

I was staying at Pop and the pick up point for Disney was the Swan, so I just took an Uber over to the Swan early in the morning. There was a bus that came and picked me up from the Swan and brought me to a central point (which I think was the Rosen Pointe?) from which they had many departing tours, so I just had to make sure I got on the right departing tour for Kennedy Space Centre!

Transport was uneventful, there was a tour guide who gave a brief suggested itinerary at KSC and also talked quite a bit on the way there (tipping was expected if I don't remember wrongly).

On arrival at KSC they told us what time they would want us back at the bus to head back to Orlando.

Transport back to Orlando was uneventful as well, though this time the bus dropped me off directly at the Swan instead of me having to do another bus transfer.

Fairly hassle free, and was an easy way for me to go to KSC solo without worrying about having to drive or deal with the cost of a Uber/etc.

Downsides: the timings are fixed, so you can't get to KSC earlier or stay at KSC later should you want to. Also the morning bus transfers I encountered were a bit of a pain...