Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 31 Oct 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile Bermuda

Has anyone been, any recommendations or hints or tips?

Thank you ☺️
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Love Bermuda!
Have been all around the island, it’s so easy jumping on and off the local buses
Locals are friendly
Horseshoe bay is lovely and worth a visit
What type of hotel do you like?
Old 1 Nov 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I was looking at the Newstead Belmont Hills as they have a kitchen area in some suites/studios. I’d prefer a hotel rather than Airbnb type accommodation, as not sure about location for some of them, but this seems the best of both worlds. The island looks beautiful!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
This is somewhere I would like to go. Is it easy to get flights and how long would you stay there. Hope you don’t mind the questions, thanks
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I have never actually been but my advice would be to consider the season very carefully. It is alot farther from the tropics than many people realise.
Old 2 Nov 21, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
I was looking at the Newstead Belmont Hills as they have a kitchen area in some suites/studios. I’d prefer a hotel rather than Airbnb type accommodation, as not sure about location for some of them, but this seems the best of both worlds. The island looks beautiful!
We stayed there a number of years ago - absolutely lovely hotel (possibly the best on the island) and the most lovely island for beaches. Honestly. I was in love with the place before the plane landed as we flew over !

The island is not in the Caribbean as many people assume - so it is very much seasonal. The best time to visit is therefore between May and September if you want good weather for the beaches.

Its a short 1 hour-ish (cheapish) hop from NYC - so makes an ideal twin centre break. The island is not very big and also expensive, so probably best suited to a short trip unless you have a big budget !
You can't hire a car in Bermuda, but easy to get around on the buses & ferries The Belmont had its own free ferry over the water to Hamilton which was really useful if you are self catering. They also had a free airport transfer for hotel guests and free transport to the nearest beach at a sister hotel (you may want to check if they still do ?)

Also if you fly back into the US you can clear their customs in Bermuda airport -so no lengthy immigration queue when you get off the plane the other side

I'll dig up some photos of the place if you like ?

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdybnsn View Post
We stayed there a number of years ago - absolutely lovely hotel (possibly the best on the island) and the most lovely island for beaches. Honestly. I was in love with the place before the plane landed as we flew over !

The island is not in the Caribbean as many people assume - so it is very much seasonal. The best time to visit is therefore between May and September if you want good weather for the beaches.

Its a short 1 hour-ish (cheapish) hop from NYC - so makes an ideal twin centre break. The island is not very big and also expensive, so probably best suited to a short trip unless you have a big budget !
You can't hire a car in Bermuda, but easy to get around on the buses & ferries The Belmont had its own free ferry over the water to Hamilton which was really useful if you are self catering. They also had a free airport transfer for hotel guests and free transport to the nearest beach at a sister hotel (you may want to check if they still do ?)

Also if you fly back into the US you can clear their customs in Bermuda airport -so no lengthy immigration queue when you get off the plane the other side

I'll dig up some photos of the place if you like ?
Thank you. This is all really helpful and I would love pics! We were looking at 10 nights in mid May so I think the weather is fine around then from my research. I think we are looking at a direct flight with BA as I have some avios burning a hole in my pocket!

The ferry and beach bus are still a thing which was another plus for that choice of hotel, as easy to pop across to Hamilton on the ferry for supplies.

Thank you again!
Old 2 Nov 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by linder View Post
This is somewhere I would like to go. Is it easy to get flights and how long would you stay there. Hope you don’t mind the questions, thanks
Hi, BA fly direct there.

We are looking at 10 nights.

☺️
Old 2 Nov 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Hamilton princess a great hotel , stayed a few times. plenty to do in the town within walking distance, good off license nearby for cheap drinks.
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We lived in Bermuda for just over two years.

You have already had the advice not to mix it up with the Caribbean, it is a long way from the Caribbean. It will stay warm / hot even until November maybe even December, but the sea will be cold by then so I wouldn’t want to visit too late in the year as I would want to swim and snorkel. In May, the air temp will be lovely but there is a chance the water will not have warmed up enough for comfortable swimming either, in fact I think there is a day in May (Bermuda day?) before which no self respecting Bermudian would go into the water.

Bermuda is chocolate box pretty. As residents it was normal to visit the hotels a fair bit for dining, the spas etc. The Belmont is a lovely choice, there are other great choices too. I always liked visiting Elbow Beach and the Princesses, we lived very near the Southampton one.

Dining is excellent in Bermuda by the way.

As we had a car when we were resident, I would hate to go back and be on the buses to get around, but being fair it isn’t a bad bus service and we did use it when we first arrived. So much better having a car and being able to get off the two or three main roads.

I think a week is long enough. I think unless you have a particular interest like golf, sailing or wreck diving, then you would run out of things to do after a week.

We often did weekend trips to east coast cities in the US. It was just over two hours to New York, Boston, Washington and longer, maybe three hours to Miami if you wanted to combine with somewhere else.

That is all I can think of but if you have specific questions feel free to ask.

Edited at 10:55 PM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List