Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Well I dont think it's fair that you can take sports equipment, a table tennis bat and ball is a lot lighter than a full set of golf clubs
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Where is the dibber of the year, he's done this subject before(with humour)
😳😁
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
😳😁
Good point Linda, if you are going to be controversial at least be original
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Plus of course for those who request a window seat then want others to move so they can visit the restroom ?

Luggage over weight costs more as when posted as heavy it should take 2 handlers (rather than 1 ) to lift but I am happy I pay extra as included in my ticket price of flying J or F and feel it duty to get vfm from my ticket price so take 3 pieces around 32k each
Blimey I thought I was an overpacker but 3x32k? I'm impressed.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

They do have an individual allowance for passenger weight and this is used to arrive at the final all up weight for take off. Its up to you whether or not you want to exercise your right to be over 20 stone or not.
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
😳😁
We need MH back and in the fold.

His humour has kept us going in some very dark times these past 18 months.

For this reason, I believe that he fully deserved his title of DIBBER of the year and would even have got it on merit… had there actually been a vote.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Bit controversial here (and humourless). I really don’t see how anybody can go overweight on Luggage with 23kg in the hold and 10 more in the cabin to vacation in a warm/hot climate.

We don’t even trouble the hold on such vacations, even managing on hold baggage for 3 weeks, Boston, NY, Dayton, Orlando, Busch, Venice, Naples Miami. 10kg is ample. You just wash things and tumble them, buying cheap towels on arrival (in Orlando).

It save a fortune, particularly if you have in addition a few internal flights.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 05:31 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Bit controversial here (and humourless). I really don’t see how anybody can go overweight on Luggage with 23kg in the hold and 10 more in the cabin to vacation in a warm/hot climate.

We don’t even trouble the hold on such vacations, even managing on hold baggage for 3 weeks, Boston, NY, Dayton, Orlando, Busch, Venice, Naples Miami. 10kg is ample. You just wash things and tumble them, buying cheap towels on arrival (in Orlando).

It save a fortune, particularly if you have in addition a few internal flights.
Handbags darling!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Blimey I thought I was an overpacker but 3x32k? I'm impressed.
One is for shoes and boots (and often overspills into my clothes trunks) I just take the stuff out of my wardrobe on hangers and hang them in the cases and re-hang at the hotel . I don't feel I overpack as invariably I still buy more when away - its easy with drive through and lick up at LAX> I don't need to touch my cases (much) and in Dubai they even find and take of the carousel for you while you sit down and have a drink !No stress for me lol (well you know in real life, like many, I have my fair share so on holiday I take the easy route)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Believe me it takes a full case just for products to tame my hair on holiday!