Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Nov 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Srbj
Helping Mickey

Virgin Atlantic upgrade bid

Has anyone been successful and pleasantly surprised and got their bid?! Any cheeky offers ...Just curious...
Srbj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Normally the lowest bid you can make isn’t actually cheap enough to be a cheeky bid. You can often get it for £150-200 if you booked it initially.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've been successful in pe to UC bids

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We got ours PE to UC for £445, the minimum bid was £435.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

I’m tempted for our trip, when do they tell you if you have been successful?
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

We have put in a bid to upgrade for PE to UC on our way home next Sept…. We are going our UC but bother ways was an extra £4400! So we have put in a bid for £500 each and just hope we are lucky 😊. Was very easy and can be cancelled at any time
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Just though I would do a quick post…We had put a bid in for our return next October of £500 each from Premuim to Upper…. ( on VA website it was thousands ! ) however as we in Norwich yesterday we popped into the Virgin Holidays store and just asked what price they could get for the upgrade now the fight was live ( when we booked it was out of date range ) .
Laura the lovely lady in the store had a look but said she would need to call VA as didn’t want to mess with our booking as we had a really good Upper Class rate Outbound she didn’t want to lose ….. well after about 20 minutes she got through and VA were able to change out Inbound from Premium to Upper for just £525 …. We were more then happy and still cannot quite believe it !
I physically cancelled our bid as no longer needed…… but the long and short of my rambling post is if you are happy to put in a bid then also contact either VA or VH direct as you might get a steal like we did yesterday 😊😊😊😊
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Just though I would do a quick post…We had put a bid in for our return next October of £500 each from Premuim to Upper…. ( on VA website it was thousands ! ) however as we in Norwich yesterday we popped into the Virgin Holidays store and just asked what price they could get for the upgrade now the fight was live ( when we booked it was out of date range ) .
Laura the lovely lady in the store had a look but said she would need to call VA as didn’t want to mess with our booking as we had a really good Upper Class rate Outbound she didn’t want to lose ….. well after about 20 minutes she got through and VA were able to change out Inbound from Premium to Upper for just £525 …. We were more then happy and still cannot quite believe it !
I physically cancelled our bid as no longer needed…… but the long and short of my rambling post is if you are happy to put in a bid then also contact either VA or VH direct as you might get a steal like we did yesterday 😊😊😊😊
Did you book with VA or VH? We have asked VA about upgrading our Xmas flight but they can’t help as we booked with VH and can never get hold of anyone there. I suppose I could pop into the holiday shop.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Did you book with VA or VH? We have asked VA about upgrading our Xmas flight but they can’t help as we booked with VH and can never get hold of anyone there. I suppose I could pop into the holiday shop.
VH are a travel agent and VS won't be able to help you direct until 24hrs before the flight. You need to speak to VH direct or wait and ask at checkin
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Just a little update also, my bid was successful. I put the lowest available to uprgrade from economy to upper which for my flights was £550 each which I think was a bargain and surprised it was accepted. They emailed to let me know around 48 hours before departure.

Flew yesterday and it was amazing!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List