Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Nov 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Discovery Cove

I've never been discovery cove before. Currently plan to go to seaworld/bush/aquatica, and with the current black friday deals for discovery cove it seems it will be the same price for me to get the discovery cove non-swim ultimate tickets instead of just seaworld/bush/aquatica.

Is discovery cove generally a full day for most people? I appreciate they don't open things until 9am and it closed around 5pm.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes for us (two adults no children).

We try and get there about 0700 - 0730, to make the most of a lazy breakfast, quick checkin and grabbing seats. The Aviary opens for bird feeding around 0900 - 0930 and the birds are at their most hungry so you get great photos.

We have never done the Dolphin Swim but have done SeaVenture and Shark interaction, both a lot of fun.

The grand reef and the wind away river are both worth doing several times and both have animal talks at different points during the day. There are also other animal interactions around the park. Some of our favourite included activities are the talks around Marmoset Island (the water is 6ft deep in places so you can just float and tread water whilst listening) and the otter interactions.

Otherwise it is a nice lazy day, with free food, snacks and drinks to keep you amused

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie

Edited at 07:06 PM.
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

Discovery Cover is totally worth it and if you go through Floridatix you will get an extra 7% off.

We view Discovery Cove as our way of getting away from the parks and just relax for a day, spend some time snorkelling or just people/fish watching, go for a float round the lazy river or just site and drink and eat the hot cookies
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It is very much a full day (and I never spend a full day in any of the other parks).

Always our best day in the Orlando area and nothing like any of the other parks at all.. relaxing, never crowded (1300 a day maximum), all right food etc etc.

Not a fan of the Dolphin swim, though.

The D.C. ultimate non swim is imho by far the best value ticket in Orlando .
Free parking throughout.
A full day of food and drink inc alcohol for all
A truly unique experience compared with all other parks
Definitely the best coasters in Florida.
Seaworld and Busch, being my favourite Florida parks.
Aquatica, a great park with a couple of new rides.

All for a maximum high season price of £158 on Floridatix with the code BFRIDAY21 for the 7% discount.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:35 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Booked ours! Can’t wait😀
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Yes we always arrive between 7 and 7:30am too and the day flies by! So much fun and relaxation and a full day of food and snacks and we always get a bit tipsy with frozen cocktails and beer/ wine. Went on my birthday last time and it was the best day!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I am going to DC next Friday for the first time! The temps are only as high as about 22/23 (forecasted). Will this be warm enough for DC? It does look sunny so should be OK I thought.

Also what alcohol is included in the package without paying the $40 extra?
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I am going to DC next Friday for the first time! The temps are only as high as about 22/23 (forecasted). Will this be warm enough for DC? It does look sunny so should be OK I thought.

Also what alcohol is included in the package without paying the $40 extra?
I’d imagine it should be ok, similar to if you went to a water park. They provide wet suits for the colder pools where you do snorkelling etc

You get beer and wine included in the price. $40 seems to include pretty much anything else.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I’d imagine it should be ok, similar to if you went to a water park. They provide wet suits for the colder pools where you do snorkelling etc

You get beer and wine included in the price. $40 seems to include pretty much anything else.
Thanks!

I suppose 23 will feel hot to me after coming from England anyway
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Samm
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I've never been discovery cove before. Currently plan to go to seaworld/bush/aquatica, and with the current black friday deals for discovery cove it seems it will be the same price for me to get the discovery cove non-swim ultimate tickets instead of just seaworld/bush/aquatica.

Is discovery cove generally a full day for most people? I appreciate they don't open things until 9am and it closed around 5pm.
Yes it’s definitely a full day, although saying that last time we went as we were leaving we decided to nip over to seaworld to do a few of the bigger rides as it was not long before closing and was quiet!
Samm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List