Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Nov 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Magic is Calling - Pre Pre Travel day - November 2021

If you fancy having a read of my pre trip report it is here

So I thought it would be nice to start on the pre pre travel day as it is now a part of our holidays!

I am not the best sleeper and often wake up much earlier than my wife, unfortunately when I’m awake I’m awake, my wife on the other hand, Metallica could be playing in the bedroom and she would be fast asleep. I’ve been putting my early rises to the excitement of going on holidays and also the nervousness of failing the Covid test.

This was definitely not helped today as I had a dream that we missed our Covid test slot and then me waking up in a panic. Luckily it was just a dream!

First thing this morning we have our Covid test with Breath Assured, so after getting up we set the iPad up on the kitchen table along with the test kits sent prior. The nurse joins the call around 5 minutes early and talks us through taking the test. She was very lovely and mentioned she was from South Africa and she talked us about covid life over there which doesn’t sound great to be honest. Our tests are negative so a massive weight off our shoulders, and the nurse emails us over the certificate whist on the call to make sure it is all ok.

We had been testing pretty much everyday for the last week so we didn’t have any shocks come today.

I am currently between jobs and start my new role once back from Holiday so I’m making the most of this week. So I head into town to have my holiday hair cut and have a look who has the best rate for currency. Today it is John Lewis at 1.31 which is pretty much the lowest it’s been all year.

Back at home I proceed to print a mountain of paper work, and ask my wife to double check we have everything, asking her to read the requirements and check off we have everything.

A couple of days ago I thought I’d have ago using Virgins bid to upgrade. I had made the lowest possible offer to upgrade from Economy to upper class, which worked out to be around £500 each. Given I made this booking using my points I thought I didn’t really have a chance, but after checking my emails I saw they had accepted the offer and we were now upgraded to Upper Class on the way to Orlando. I waste no time in reselecting our seats so we are now sitting at the pointy end of the plane, and have seat number with single digits, rather than nearer to 100! This will be the first time for us both in Upper Class so we are really looking forward to it.

We finish our day by repacking our suitcases, having a super healthy dinner of chicken and chips and watching Married at First sight Australia!

Pre Travel Day here

Edited at 06:01 PM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great start, negative tests and Upper Class seats! How fantastic, it must really feel real now. Have a brilliant time.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Oh what a great start ….can I ask how long before you fly did they let you know you had won the bid ?
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Fantastic news re the upgrade! What an amazing start to what I'm sure will be a wonderful holiday
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Wow how exciting! And Upper class too! 😍 Brilliant!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
Oh what a great start ….can I ask how long before you fly did they let you know you had won the bid ?
They let me know yesterday around 3pm which was the 11th and we fly on the 13th. So around 48 hours before flying.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Good news on the covid test, but even more amazing about the upgrade to first. I hope you have an amazing travel day. When we flew business with BA to WDC we loved it, the kids couldn't believe that the seats were practically beds! Make the most of the experience, there's no better way to travel!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Fabulous you got the upper class seats. Great start to the holiday.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Great mate. Gutted not to be there the same time as you. Maybe another time
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fab news on the covid tests! Those upgrades are amazing too! What a way to start your holiday in style Hope you have an amazing trip and that your new job goes well too X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List