Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 8 Nov 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Eden Project @christmas

We are coming to Cornwall for two weeks over Christmas and new year.

I am going to book for the Eden project and would like to stay for the evening lights.

What time should we arrive ? We are 2 adults and 2 big kids (16/12), is it an all day affair? shall we book to arrive at 13:00, rather than 09.00 so we can stay into the evening.

Any other Cornwall tips will be appreciated, we are going to the Goldolphin hotel in Xmas eve for supper 👌😍👌.

We are there 20th - 4th

Thanks
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jovimum
Helping Minnie

Me personally would do mid morning arrival. I feel that an afternnon arrival would be rushed.

St Ives for New Years Eve is a must - aparantly its one of the top venues for seeing in the new year - dont forget the fancy dress outfit!
Old 9 Nov 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Great
Thank you for the advice
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dmc14
Proud to wear my Ears

See if you can still get tickets to watch the Mousehole Cat play in Mousehole, go for the evening slot then you’ll catch the famous Christmas lights when you finish the play. We live in Cornwall and this is our Christmas Eve tradition. Enjoy!
Dmc14 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

We love the Lost Gardens of Heligan at Christmas.
They do a night-time walk with lights and fire-pits with marshmallows etc in the build up (I think they get booked up fairly quickly though)
They also normally open on Boxing day and New year's day and donate the takings to charity.
I think you have to book in advance at the moment though, which is a shame as the weather can be quite unpredictable over Christmas.
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
We love the Lost Gardens of Heligan at Christmas.
They do a night-time walk with lights and fire-pits with marshmallows etc in the build up (I think they get booked up fairly quickly though)
They also normally open on Boxing day and New year's day and donate the takings to charity.
I think you have to book in advance at the moment though, which is a shame as the weather can be quite unpredictable over Christmas.
Saw this but it said it shuts in the 19th.

Fake news ! Just checked and it’s open, thanks looks fab.

Edited at 08:41 AM.
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dmc14 View Post
See if you can still get tickets to watch the Mousehole Cat play in Mousehole, go for the evening slot then you’ll catch the famous Christmas lights when you finish the play. We live in Cornwall and this is our Christmas Eve tradition. Enjoy!
Thank you