Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Nov 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Wheelbrace
Getting Excited

Abu Dhabi in May

Hi All,

My wife and I have our big 50th May 2022 and thinking about spending 4 or 5 nights in Abu Dhabi, Google says average temps hit 39 but All we will be doing will be chilling etc will It be too darn hot 🥵?

By the way we LOVE sun ☀️
Wheelbrace is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have been in May.
It was absolutely roasting. But we were staying with my brother so no hotel pools etc. If you are going to be dipping in and out of a pool it should be fine. We were in Dubai in august there and couldn’t have coped without a pool.
But we don’t really like the sun or heat, we struggle with it.
But it is really hot ……
Old 15 Nov 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m going in January , again staying with brother . It was forty degrees when they arrived in the summer and only really got more manageable last month.
It’s a dry heat so without Florida humidity. I find I cope better in Vegas heat than Florida so I’d guess the UAE will be the same. Hot but not as er…..sweaty !
Even the theme parks seem to be indoors and of course everything is air conditioned .

Edited at 09:28 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went to Dubai in late May and thought it was manageable (39-42 degrees but dry heat). We got to the pool early and chilled until late morning and then either went to an air conditioned mall or back to the room. Then out again in the late afternoon/evening and it was lovely.
Old 16 Nov 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

It's lovely in May, although to be fair I've been to the UAE in August a good few times and never had a problem The last time we went in May was a few years ago, staying at the now F1 W hotel or whatever they call it now, it was the Yas Viceroy then. It was Ramadam and the evening meals to break the fast were spectacular

I'm not sure if it's still on Groupon, but the afternoon tea at the Etihad towers is absolutely fantastic and is a must do at every visit we do there. The best bit-it's usually on groupon-£35.00 for two people. We stayed on Yas Island and the hotels there are served by a free minibus to take you around it. The Yas Marina also has free walking and biking on the track on Tuesdays and Sundays if my memory serves me right. Enjoy, I absolutely LOVE Abu Dhabi
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List