Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It's just inconsistent wording, it alternates between 2-17 (correct) and under 18. Infants don't complete an attestation and therefore there is no testing requirement.
Thanks so much, really grateful.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Updated with latest guidelines
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

So if i understand the current rules, and assuming the rules are the same when i travel in Feb, i need to
1. Take a PCR test the day before i travel to the US.
2. Fill out the `Attestation form`
3. Take a PCR test the day before i fly home from the US
4. Take a PCR test no later than 2 days after i return

What is this passenger locator form they talk about and when do i fill that in.

Also, where do you get tests when in the US?
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
So if i understand the current rules, and assuming the rules are the same when i travel in Feb, i need to

We are due to go end of Jan so have the same issues. I looked on BreatheAssured just now and their US packages are temporarily unavailable but they were offering a deal for all three tests to make it easy. I guess they will release updated packages next week.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post

1 and 3 can both be Antigen/LFT. Only your day 2 test (4) is currently required to be PCR.

The passenger locator form is available on GOV UK, it needs to be filled in up to 48 hours before you arrive in the UK.

Edited at 06:35 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

With the new testing with the coming back from the usa, is it still OK to use the plf number from your day 2 pcr test because you don't know if you will get a plf number from a usa tester?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
With the new testing with the coming back from the usa, is it still OK to use the plf number from your day 2 pcr test because you don't know if you will get a plf number from a usa tester?
I think the plf code is just for the day 2. As I understand it, we have to take a certificate showing we are negative to the airport (mco in our case).
We’ll hopefully print them out ( results bring ok) and take a screen shot
Hope you’re doing ok Aprilshack. It’s nerve wracking trying to keep out of peoples way until Thursday’s test
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The PLF only concerns your post-arrival plans, so the new test shouldn't need a reference number. It will be correct to continue using your day 2 reference on the form.

As far as I'm aware, for the pre-departure test, you'll only need a fit to fly certificate to present at check-in - same as we do to travel there.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
I think the plf code is just for the day 2. As I understand it, we have to take a certificate showing we are negative to the airport (mco in our case).
We’ll hopefully print them out ( results bring ok) and take a screen shot
Hope you’re doing ok Aprilshack. It’s nerve wracking trying to keep out of peoples way until Thursday’s test
Instead of enjoying my holiday I keep checking for info on where I could go and test. Preferably not on flying out day and we don't have a car.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Instead of enjoying my holiday I keep checking for info on where I could go and test. Preferably not on flying out day and we don't have a car.
We are similar. Sitting in Disney springs, trying to understand what we do if it goes wrong on Thursday. We have to return our car Friday, so would have to figure out new hotel, how to get there without a car - couldn’t get a taxi if tested positive, that’s be unfair.
I get that the gvt is trying to protect the U.K. (before anyone says that again) but it doesn’t take away how stressful this is for all of us who are over here trying to book expensive tests and figure out ‘what-ifs’.
Have you asked your concierge? We checked with ours and they are going to get back to us. If I see anything near here, I’ll let you know x

Edited at 07:30 PM.
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List