Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 21, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Total works out at just a shade over £800 each for 3 adults.

That's flights, 1 night in the Shangri - La Kowloon, 2 nights at the Explorers Hotel and 2 days entry into HKD.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

we prefer east as we have no difficulty sleeping on a plane. so an "overnight" flight suits us. The US doesnt suit us as we are usually well rested at 7pm local landing
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Your trip sounds amazing! Sort of thing we would do!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

After watching the Chinese border open with HK I had my hopes up for June 2022.

Looking at the news from Cathay Pacific that they are imposing pretty strict quarantine (3 days after entering Hong Kong - at home, then 18 days of minimal contact with anyone else) for their can staff I think June isn't going to happen.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I've already got a full stack of holidays booked for next year but spotted the Queen has gifted us a nice long weekend in June (Thur and Fri 2nd and 3rd).

Just looking at flights etc and after a bit of research/checking we're booked with BA to fly out late on Wed 1st June 2022, 1 night in the Shangri La in Kowloon. Can't book Disney yet but will book the Fri and Sat night at one of the hotels with a 2 day ticket offer. Fly home late Sunday night, arriving back into Heathrow at 5am, ready to work from home that day.

Pricewise - not much different than a trip to Alton Towers...

Very very excited.
I really hope you get away, I'm not sure that part of the world will be open by then but worth trying
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Looks like this trip is going on the pile of '**** it, we're not going are we'.

Just had the flight cancelled by BA and moved onto another flight 4 hours earlier (doesn't really suit my plans). Was thinking about cancelling anyway as there is very little movement on the border opening without extensive quarantine.
Old 31 Dec 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Looks like this trip is going on the pile of '**** it, we're not going are we'.

Just had the flight cancelled by BA and moved onto another flight 4 hours earlier (doesn't really suit my plans). Was thinking about cancelling anyway as there is very little movement on the border opening without extensive quarantine.
Everything I read tells me this entry point will be closed longer than others, probably until after November.

I have been looking at flights to Thailand/Cambodia for the end of the year and have ignored anything transiting through Hong Kong it's political I think!

Sorry about your trip
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Everything I read tells me this entry point will be closed longer than others, probably until after November.

I have been looking at flights to Thailand/Cambodia for the end of the year and have ignored anything transiting through Hong Kong it's political I think!

Sorry about your trip
It isn’t political in the sense that the same rules apply to everyone- even the residents. My son is a student there and so far has done 8 weeks of hotel quarantine. This term he is studying in LA so when he goes back for his final year in August he will possibly have to do it again despite having a triple pfizer.

It has had its benefits though- he didn’t have student accommodation last term so stayed in a nice hotel for a lot less than renting a flat. But it hasn’t been the experience he was hoping for especially with travel (though this year he has managed to visit UK (worked there in the summer), France (home), Canada (for Christmas) and he arrived in LA yesterday!)

HK are extremely cautious but have yet to have the waves we have had in Europe. Can they stop it forever? I don’t know.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We were supposed to be in the air right now.

Seems unreal that HK still has a 7 day hotel quarantine regime in place.