Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 9 Aug 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We have both but have used a pressure cooker for years and have just had the air fryer for the last few months. Tonight for example the potatoes and veg were cooked in the pressure and the chicken breasts in the air-fryer. We use the pressure for soup and veg and the air fryer for whole chickens, chicken breasts and potato wedges mainly. Have never been impressed with the home made chips so still do oven chips on the rare occasion we have them.

DS goes off to university next month and has bought both to take with him
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I have got the Ninja Foodi too. I don't know how I lived without one before now!
I can cook a delicious full chicken in less than half an hour. these days I just pressure cook it first then put on the air crisper to get it crips and brown. The meat is so juicy and tender and falls off the bone.
I use the slow cooker too if I am going out and want something hot ready for when we come in.
I have the Ninja Foodi, the 6qrt one and use it most days, roast chicken is delicious and so moist in half an hour, shepherds pie I do the potatoes in the pressure cooker and then mash them in a dish, I then do the minced beef by searing it in the foodi with onion and carrot, then add the stock and pressure cook in the foodi for 10 minutes, transfer the cooked mince to a pie dish, top with the mash and a sprinkle of grated cheese and back in the foodi on air crisp to brown the top . Takes roughly 30 minutes total to make shepherds pie.
I absolutely love this gadget and wouldn't be without it now.
Hardly ever use the oven and hob, it's mainly the foodi and the microwave I use.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

So all, I can replace my slow cooker with the 7 in1 also? Thinking for my 5 times a year of getting family together may be an answer to my sanity and to not poisoning anyone
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
So all, I can replace my slow cooker with the 7 in1 also? Thinking for my 5 times a year of getting family together may be an answer to my sanity and to not poisoning anyone
THe one I have (Ninja foodi) is a pressure cooker, sear and sauté, grill, air crisp, steam, bake/roast, slow cooker .
Only two of us but the 6qt that I have is big enough for a family .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
I have a Ninja Foodi - I use it multiple times per week (I rarely use my oven now!)

It's actually a pressure cooker and air fryer (and slow cooker, dehydrator) so would do you for all eventualities?

If you're anything like me, you will end up using it for pretty much everything!
Ditto use this and an egg bbq more than the oven
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List