Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Japanese Convenience Store - aka Conbini

The Family Mart, Lawsons, 7-11 and other convenience stores in Japan have righty got a reputation for selling amazing food and drink, great quality and low prices - and a great backup for a meal. They offer loads of services and selections and are a must visit on any trip to Japan. With them being all over the place, it makes it an easy visit too!

The recently Olympic games has thrust them into social media stardom in Canada and the US, with sports reporters raving about what goodies they have found to eat, drink, keep cool in the oppressive summer heat etc.

My accident I found these guys on YT (they do a podcast too) and have started to follow them to find out what goodies I need to try on my upcoming visit (that cake is just too yummy!) and things to avoid - am looking at you octopus, fermented in your own guts for several months and sold in a plastic bag!

Anyway, if you fancy seeing about the amazing world of conbini, here they are:

... /UCaS...W7VKQ8Y4MTPBoQ

Edited at 11:17 AM.
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

The link isn’t working Antony.

I agree though. We had a 7-11 next to our hotel and it was great also for taking cash from the ATM when we needed it (we have Halifax Clarity cards).

I wouldn’t eat octopus at any time - fermented or not!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Sorry - link fixed!
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

We practically lived in Family Mart for food when we were there. They had this lovely noodle, steak and egg meal that was just so nice, fed the two of us and no more than a fiver. And the fried chicken- absolutely beautiful. It got to the stage where we knew when it was being delivered so went and got some straight away. All finished off with a blue seal peach Ice-cream pancake
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

One thing to do on my May trip is to look more at these wonderful places- I only used them a few times and they were great.

Still remember the lovely chicken noodle salad I got from the one in the Hilton Tokyo Bay - the plastic sheets in it (you took out before eating!) kept the moist / wet / dry layers from each other - was rather cool but oh my, so much plastic to throw away!
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Combinis do the best onigiri and fried chicken!
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List