UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 8 Sep 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Afternoon tea in central London any recommendations

Can anyone recommend a nice afternoon tea that’s decent value for 2 people . There’s so many to choose from .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 05:03 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve been for some lovely afternoon teas in London; The Langham, the Shard, Fortnum and Mason, and others but wouldn’t say any of those are decent value. I was looking for somewhere for next month and there are quite a few to choose from on websites like Wowcher, Groupon and Travelzoo and they help to narrow down the search.

I didn’t book afternoon tea in the end - I booked the pre-theatre menu at Hawksmoor and bottomless brunch at Hard Rock Cafe. I would have booked afternoon tea in the potions room at Cutter and Squidge if they had availability for my dates.

Edited at 05:35 PM.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We have done several, a nice one was at the Library County Hall, we did the chocolate one near Hyde Park, we always use Groupon. The very best one was the Ritz but I've never seen it as an offer and I'm not sure I'd call it value for money.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve done 2 this year - the Pret-a-Porter at the Berkeley which was fantastic (link https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...light=Berkeley ) and I recently did the Science one at the Ampersand which was really good too. I have pics from that too if you want to see them
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Claridges ……amazing food & outstanding service!
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Aw thank you all, I did want to book the ritz at Christmas but there is no availability I have. Look on groupon and yours Colette 😁
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

:One of our favourites is at Hotel Chocolat in Borough Market - it does have a chocolate based theme but we normally manage to get a table upstairs on the balcony overlooking the market so plenty of people watching to be done. Last time we were there Prince Charles and Camilla were visiting the market so we had an excellent view. Afterwards we had a wonder along the South Bank.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
RonaldMcMouse
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We did St Pauls Cathedral Afternoon Tea for Two some time ago - includes access to the top of the cathedral where the views over London are spectacular!

Milly

Edited at 07:51 PM.
RonaldMcMouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

I definitely would not bother with the ritz.
It's tired and shabby and not what it should be. Probably the biggest disappointment ever!

Claridges or the Corinthia.

Both outstanding.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
:One of our favourites is at Hotel Chocolat in Borough Market - it does have a chocolate based theme but we normally manage to get a table upstairs on the balcony overlooking the market so plenty of people watching to be done. Last time we were there Prince Charles and Camilla were visiting the market so we had an excellent view. Afterwards we had a wonder along the South Bank.
Rabot 1745 is excellent - I dont eat chocolate but had lunch there this week with a friend who I wanted to treat (he choose it the restaurant)and it was amazing and yes great views from the balcony. One of the better choices around Borough but its not cheap

(Photo on my IG I wont post photos on Dibb any longer)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List