Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Flight NOT cancelled MAN - ATL - MCO 29th Sept 21 - UPDATE 27th Sept

UPDATE - still no word from VA - been on hold for 2 and a half hours for the last 3 days then get cut off, VA messaging service is turned off - sent an email to the CEO email address asking for help - no reply - sent a message on twitter and FB - no reply.

Last night our booking had a schedule change so instead of MAN - ALT - MCO we are now travelling LHR - ATL - MCO.

We know we can't travel due to the gov restrictions so why has our flight not been cancelled?! ?! We keep getting schedule changes but all we want is the cancellation email!

Is anyone else having these issues? I am at my wits end - the flight is in 2 days - according to the latest schedule change we have to get to LHR from MAN ourselves!?!?!?

Does anyone have an alternative option to get through to VA other than the ones I have already tried above? I am worried if we don't show for the flight we will lose the money as VA didn't cancel it.

Thanks for any help
Sue

I have a flight booked MAN - MCO via Atlanta for next Wed 29th Sept 21 and following the announcement we know we can't travel until Nov 21 however Virgin Atlantic haven't cancelled our flight - we fly in 5 days.

We have had an email from VA stating in preparation for our flight please ensure esta's and covid 19 test details are correct but nothing cancelling the flight. email screen shot below -

Hello from Virgin Atlantic

Ahead of your flight to the United States, we need to make you aware of some important steps you need to take to ensure your upcoming departure and arrival into the US goes smoothly.

We know international travel feels a bit different right now, with all the measures in place to ensure you fly safe and well during the Covid-19 pandemic. By carefully checking the entry requirements for your travel to the US and following the requirements, you’ll be all set for your journey and can start looking forward to your trip, be it for leisure, business or reuniting with loved ones.

Before your flight, crucially, you need to check that you’re eligible for travel. Because of Covid-19 restrictions, entry into the US is restricted for travellers from the UK unless you’re a US citizen, permanent resident, or close family member. A limited number of exemptions can be found here virg.in/4gNt

As you were probably expecting, you’ll need to do a pre-departure Covid-19 test. All customers aged 2 and above will need to complete a PCR, LAMP or Antigen (e.g. lateral flow) COVID-19 test within 3 days of your departure and carry evidence of your negative result. If you need a helping hand, we have advice on private testing providers here: virg.in/4gMH. The US authorities also advise you must complete a Passenger Disclosure Attestation form within 72 hours of your travel, this can be completed online here virg.in/ZRhv

To save time on the day of departure, eligible customers flying on transatlantic routes can now upload and pre-verify negative Covid-19 test results up to three days before travel by using Virgin Atlantic FlyReady. This free digital tool will ensure your documents are verified and linked to your booking reference before you get to the airport. For more information or to check to see if you are eligible, visit My booking virg.in/ZtVu

At Virgin Atlantic the health and safety of our customers and crew is always our top priority and we always comply with the regulations of the health authorities in the destinations we fly to. By law, all customers visiting the USA aged 2 and above must wear a face covering during their time at the airport and onboard the aircraft. Further detail on the restrictions and exemptions can be found here virg.in/4gxg

Once you’ve got those relevant steps covered, the amazing part of your journey can begin. We can’t wait to see you onboard and help you return to the skies again.

Virgin Atlantic Customer Care team

We know we can't travel but from this email received yesterday - AFTER the travel announcement - we don't know what to do. If we cancel we will lose the money - VA haven't cancelled and we can't get through by phone, email or online chat messaging service.

Any advice would be appreciated. Do we just leave it and obviously not go to the airport next week?

Thanks Sue

Edited at 09:34 AM.
mackem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There seems to be something odd going on with the latest update from VS this morning about MAN-ATL - I have updated the VS Cancellation thread to reflect this but basically this is what they have said -

MAN-ATL cancelled effective until and including 30 Dec

You need to contact them to find out what is happening.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Remember, the actual flight may not necessarily be cancelled. Many people are currently eligible to fly to the USA, including USA citizens currently here in the UK and those transiting from other countries. Also, lots of exemptions, including certain professionals. VA may have concluded the flight is viable. Flights to USA have been running throughout this from the UK and are increasing.

You probably need to contact them if they havent realised you Are unable to travel due to restrictions. There is no question of them forcing you to travel against those restrictions; they should take appropriate action to reschedule/refund etc... I wouldn't simply not turn up, though.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Thegirlyarwood
New Poster (5)

We were notified that our return flight from ATL to MAN on 30/11 was cancelled. We had to call Virgin and waited 2.5 hours on hold last night to sort it out. Thankfully they moved us onto the direct flight from MCO as there are no alternatives available from ATL now. This was free of charge. Great service from Virgin.
Thegirlyarwood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve had my ATL-MAN flight on the 2nd October cancelled. I have another return booked for the 2nd Nov-15th Nov which is still live but strangely, the reward seat availability was removed yesterday. Not exactly sure what’s happening myself!
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you everyone - Stanleycamel - I did read your thread before I posted this - thank you for your updates they are very helpful - I have been on hold to VA for over 2 hours now and still on hold, no reply to emails and no reply to on line messaging as yet. I am just concerned that if they don't cancel and we don't turn up we will lose our money but obviously we can't fly? People who are flying in Oct have had their flights cancelled but we have an email saying prepare for your flight?!?! Hopefully they will answer the phone soon!

Edited at 01:35 PM.
mackem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Remember, the actual flight may not necessarily be cancelled. Many people are currently eligible to fly to the USA, including USA citizens currently here in the UK and those transiting from other countries. Also, lots of exemptions, including certain professionals. VA may have concluded the flight is viable. Flights to USA have been running throughout this from the UK and are increasing.

You probably need to contact them if they havent realised you Are unable to travel due to restrictions. There is no question of them forcing you to travel against those restrictions; they should take appropriate action to reschedule/refund etc... I wouldn't simply not turn up, though.
This is true of flights such as Miami/LAX also as they are big cargo routes too. But the Manchester Atlanta VS service has apparently been cancelled up to and including 30 Dec - I did a double take at that cancellation before I updated the VS thread this morning and also checked different dates for dummy bookings as it seemed to be a long way out for such a cancellation compare to other US destinations. Strange times indeed.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Don't get me wrong - If I am allowed to fly then I'm gonna be on that flight! LOL! I doubt that is going to happen though LOL! Thanks again everyone I will update if and when I eventually get an answer from VA
Old 24 Sep 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mackem View Post
Don't get me wrong - If I am allowed to fly then I'm gonna be on that flight! LOL! I doubt that is going to happen though LOL! Thanks again everyone I will update if and when I eventually get an answer from VA
If the flight is actually going and you cannot travel then it's an insurance claim.

Airline do not have to offer a refund, voucher or rebooking. Also is it a through ticket? The internal flight will be happening.

You defo need to speak to someone. Good luck.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thegirlyarwood View Post
We were notified that our return flight from ATL to MAN on 30/11 was cancelled. We had to call Virgin and waited 2.5 hours on hold last night to sort it out. Thankfully they moved us onto the direct flight from MCO as there are no alternatives available from ATL now. This was free of charge. Great service from Virgin.
Can I ask did you have a flight only booking or a Virgin holidays? We have a holiday booked, direct out and indirect via ATL on way home on 7/12…… wondering what my options are!?!?
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List